If a senior Vectric employee scans this fourm, please read.

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
OliverHBailey324
Model of CNC Machine: General

If a senior Vectric employee scans this fourm, please read.

Post by OliverHBailey324 »

I have been a Vectric customer for almost 13 years. I'm retired after 52 years in hardware/software architecture and development.
I filed a supporr ticket over the weekend about my photovcarve not being on my portal page and I need to install it on a new computer. The last time I requested help on photovcarve was in 2017, i still have the support ticket.

The response I received from your support department indicates that only the title of the ticket was read and it gave me instructions on accessing the portal. If tbe ticket was read in full it would be clear that portal access isn't a priblem because all my other products and add-ons have been successfully installed and are working.

There are a couple of facts that shoukd have led to a much different response from your support team. First, a quick scan of my licensed products woould, or should have prompted the question, " have you had a problem with any other of your licensed products". A second question would have been "when did you last access the portal" and 3rd and most important would have been " did you recall seeing all your licensed products listed".

Those three questions would have led your support person to find out why I have a missing licensed product in the portal.

I did respond to your tech support person and now another day is wasted because someone doesn't read their messages. And I added to the original message before the weekend ended that I could download the trial and Vectric could send me the license key.

Please teach your people to think and read before firing off a wrong response.

Thank you,
Oliver Bailey

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: If a senior Vectric employee scans this fourm, please read.

Post by Adrian »

For what it's worth the trial version can't be licensed so that wouldn't have helped you.

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

It's also a public holiday in the UK Friday and Monday

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Interesting, I have not had a crisis like this since I retired.

Just how does one go about teaching an employee how to read and write? I am pretty sure that all the folks at Vectric know how to read and write. Those English folks are usually a pretty well educated bunch in my experience.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

So, try to work through the problem and send the support team exactly what you are missing. Whining about your problems on a public forum probably won't get the problem solved.
Steve

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Oliver,

Sorry to hear that you have had problems accessing your software.
Looking at your Vectric V&Co. Portal account page, the product does seem to be listed correctly as far as I can see.

To access your PhotoVCarve software and license, please login to your V&Co. Portal account page,
on the first screen, please click on the "DOWNLOAD your software" button.
1st.png
On the following screen, please click on the "View license and download" button on the PhotoVCarve panel.
2nd.png
I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions, please reply to the ticket that you have open with us.

Cheers,

Mark.