ToolPath?

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
pjridge
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

ToolPath?

Post by pjridge »

Probably a dumb question but is there anyway to save a roughing toolpath and finish tp under the same file using PhotoVcarve stand alone. The problem I’m having is I create and save both rough and finish toolpaths using PVC and when I import the file into Vcarve Desktop only the finish tp shows. Any ideas?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: ToolPath?

Post by Adrian »

Both toolpaths can't exist at the same time in PhotoVCarve as it uses a single toolpath so when you import the PVC file you get the last toolpath that was calculated and saved.

pjridge

Post by pjridge »

Thank you for that verification! I did assume that but saw a vid were the guy made both rough and finish of the puppies using PVC. Maybe he used two different files for the same project idk. Thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can do it directly with PVC. Create the roughing toolpath and save it. Then create the finishing toolpath and save it. You now have two toolpaths that you can run on the CNC.

If you really want to save the toolpaths from VCarve instead of PVC (integrating with other vectors etc) then I suppose you could save one PVC file with the roughing toolpath and one with the finishing toolpath setup then import both files. Trying to line them up would be an issue but I've never tried it.

pjridge

Post by pjridge »

Thanks for the help!