I’m looking for a graphic artist to turn a couple pictures into a vcarve file for me

This forum is for general discussion about PhotoVCarve.
Toddpottle
Model of CNC Machine: Longmill

I’m looking for a graphic artist to turn a couple pictures into a vcarve file for me

Post by Toddpottle »

Looking for someone to turn a couple pictures into a carve for me $$$

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: I’m looking for a graphic artist to turn a couple pictures into a vcarve file for me

Post by scotttarnor »

I don’t know how much you are looking to spend but with 3 $ signs PhotoVcarve stand alone app is only $149 and it provides excellent results then you would also be able to do future projects. Attached are some of my novice results.
Attachments
6A231214-FC1E-444F-A232-00C380158CD6.jpeg
D19B9219-C00B-40D1-B86C-0A369CA70332.jpeg
82B260DB-B603-4E93-83E8-76E3C62A181E.jpeg
33393F20-F5F6-4742-AD5F-688DD8FD7D04.jpeg
E4347AAB-B7B4-4387-AA81-0A0FD52F0D2F.jpeg
B497A681-CAFD-4468-96F5-AB11A097F603.jpeg
Scott T

@scottscnc

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: I’m looking for a graphic artist to turn a couple pictures into a vcarve file for me

Post by martin54 »

+1 on what scotttarnor said :lol: :lol:

@scotttarnor were they all done using the same process & settings or is this some experimenting? Looks like you have some mixed results there which is why I am asking, I've actually had the software for a few years but never really used it, it's on my list of things to try at some point but still not there yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

Martin, I am not near my computer right now but I believe most of the PhotoVcarve settings were the same, the biggest factor is the quality of the picture you have to work with. I wish I had the time and or money to edit/ manipulate the photos to a really good gray scale image.
To have the time to actually learn gimp because it’s free would help immensely.
Later I will look up the old files and see what the settings were.
Scott T

@scottscnc

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I worked as a signmaker doing cad cut vinyl & large format print for about 12 years so know all about image quality :lol: :lol: Also lucky enough to have & be able to use software for editing.
I do know that not all photos are suitable even if the quality is OK from things I have read in the past, for good results things like contrast have to be right.
Finishing is also something that is very important. Like I said I bought the stand-alone software from Vectric years ago & it's not even installed on the computer I am using now. :lol: :lol:

rink
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: OpenBuilds LEAD 1510 / VCarve Pro

Post by rink »

Good evening.

@scottarnor Can you tell me a little more about the 4th pic down in your post of 29 May? The one with the baby. Can you tell me about those settings, bits, material?

I have VCarve Pro v11, but don’t yet have the standalone Photo VCarve. The photo carving toolpath in VCarve is limited, so I’m interested to know how you set it up in the standalone program.

Thx, rink.
I want to be unique like everyone else.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

I’ll do some digging and see if I can find the settings, on that photo I played with tinting epoxy instead of painting and sanding.
Scott T

@scottscnc

rink
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rink »

Thank you.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

The picture shows how I set it up in the stand alone program. Material was hard maple.
After carving, I coated the wood with 2 coats of sanding sealer (you can also use any clear varnish), flooded the picture with slightly thinned black acrylic paint and wiped off as much of the excess as I could. When the black paint dried, I sanded off the spillover with 150 grit sandpaper with an oscillating sander. Used compressed air to blow out the sanding dust. Finally, I finished it with a couple of coats of varnish. I was generous with the drying times for all coats.
Gracie PhotoVCarve.JPG
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard

Post by scotttarnor »

Here is what I used the Frued 72-400 is a 1/16 TBN. And as I said earlier this one was with tinted epoxy.
Attachments
390FC09B-5075-4B13-AE0E-143FEEA51656.jpeg
Scott T

@scottscnc

rink
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rink »

Good morning.
Thanks, guys, for helping my education along.

Thx, rink.