Using Laser Module with Nextwave 2w Laser

JBourdeau67
Model of CNC Machine: Netware HD5

Using Laser Module with Nextwave 2w Laser

Post by JBourdeau67 »

I recently downloaded the laser module which im using with a Nextwave 2w laser. While trying to burn images of my mother in laws dogs, I cannot seem to find the right combination of settings. It either burns to a full black silhouette of the dog, doesn't burn anything at all, or is very patchy to where the animal is unrecognizable. With the low powered laser, its taking up to 3 hours to burn (or not) on a test piece of walnut to find out its still not right. The training video (in my opinion) concentrates too much on the entire project rather than the actually using and setting up for use of the laser in various scenarios. Any help here would be great! Thank you! John in Missouri.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Using Laser Module with Nextwave 2w Laser

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi John,

Perhaps some folks here can give you some pointers regarding that particular laser setup (if anyone is using the same one).

However, I’m wondering if you have reached out directly to NextWave Tech Support? I imagine they can offer some helpful advice for you, for sure.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

JBourdeau67
Model of CNC Machine: Netware HD5

Post by JBourdeau67 »

Thanks Michael, you may be right. I'll reach out to them to see if they have some advice. I noticed in the laser tutorial they had settings for the laser and material types but I don't have any. I'm wondering if these are something I need to create or if there are defaults that I should import from some where, just can't figure out where.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi John,

You may also want to double-check that you are using the appropriate Post Processor for your laser. Maybe the best way to check is via the NextWave website, too.

I hope you get things sorted out soon!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 5

Post by Mark Jones »

Used the Nextwave laser to etch some leather patches. Here is a video that has the settings and info in it. They came out nice.
Mark Jones