Laser head moving after homing…

woodtwister
Model of CNC Machine: 1finity

Laser head moving after homing…

Post by woodtwister »

I put a dot on wood where I want text to start,I then press the little tear drop on my onefinity control Screen home x home y put my yellow plastic z height gauge below j tech laser then press tear drop to home that spot. When I press run the laser moves about a inch and half and starts the text burn missing the spot where I put it? Why is this happening?iam running vectric pro onefinity cnc j tech 14 watt laser..

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Laser head moving after homing…

Post by BDM »

Without a picture or file, it's hard to know exactly what is happening, but unless you're homing on the center of your material, it would be unlikely that you would want text on a corner? Even if you're homing on the center of the material, it doesn't necessarily mean you want the text in the center? You could have some sort of offset for the text too, but again without a file it's a guess.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

woodtwister wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:29 pm
... iam running vectric pro onefinity cnc j tech 14 watt laser..
Where is your laser mounted? On the router/spindle? How far is the laser center from the router center? That is an offset that you have to account for ... somewhere. It could be built into the post-processor and handled when you Save your toolpaths to gcode.

There's a long thread on this Laser Module about how to handle that offset, but you'll have to look for it.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

woodtwister wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:29 pm
I put a dot on wood where I want text to start,I then press the little tear drop on my onefinity control Screen home x home y put my yellow plastic z height gauge below j tech laser then press tear drop to home that spot. When I press run the laser moves about a inch and half and starts the text burn missing the spot where I put it? Why is this happening?iam running vectric pro onefinity cnc j tech 14 watt laser..
This post might be helpful, too. viewtopic.php?f=61&t=39974
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.