X Carve Laser Feedrate Issue/Post Processor Problem

collinolson12
Model of CNC Machine: X Carve

X Carve Laser Feedrate Issue/Post Processor Problem

Post by collinolson12 »

Having an issue when trying to laser engrave a picture with feedrate setting not taking nor adjusting.
Running GRBL1.1 on xcarve, with Vcarve Desktop, 10.515.

I believe the problem to be with the xcarve post processor/the gcode being supplied, but nothing I have tried has worked thus far. Hoping to get some ideas from the good folks here to help fix my issue.

Troubleshooting tried:
1. Gcode had feedrate set at 160in/min from Vcarve Desktop. Spindle timed to move at about 11in/min. Tried manually changing the Fvalue in the gcode higher (200,1000, 1600) and lower (16) but the feedrate did not change at all.
2. Tried running the same gcode through a different gcode sender (easel originally, then ran gcode through other laser software). No change in feedrate.
3. I have other laser software, and when i generate the gcode through other laser software, the feedrate runs at the correct speed. Further, when i change the power and feedrate when generating the gcode through lighburn, the power and feedrate change correctly.
4. after reading this article (https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V10.5/VCa ... index.html) i manually tried to change the gcode to include G1[X][Y][Z][F] which did not work.

Copied below is a snippet of the gcode that did not work (Laser Picture Raster) and the gcode that was working (other laser software), modified to be text files so i could attach.

All ideas are welcome.
Thanks,

CJ
Laser Picture Raster 25pcF160.txt
(18 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
LIGHTBURN.txt
(975.2 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: X Carve Laser Feedrate Issue/Post Processor Problem

Post by adze_cnc »

Line 12 of the “Laser Picture....txt” file is:

Code: Select all

G1X0.0168F160.0
If that file is from the Vectric laser module then it is doing its job. If the machine is not accepting that speed then there is something happening between creating the text file and running the machine.

Is the sender program stripping out the speed and substituting its own? Is GRBL overriding the speed?