GRBL post

crpoj13
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: cncrouterparts 2448

GRBL post

Post by crpoj13 »

I'm trying to understand the openbuilds post to run my atomstack 20w diode laser. In trying to dial in the laser on different materials. I have the option on the laser its self to adjust in increments of 1, 10 and 20%, after making the machine adjustments I have taken that back into Aspire and adjusted the power setting and feed to match what I did on the machine. I would have thought that by making these changes in Aspire and sending back to the laser that I would have received the same results as to the adjustment's made on the machine its self, well this doesn't seem to be the case, I believe there must be a difference between them. I can only imagine that its a line in the post. I would guess its a power variable- this is the line of code in which I'm referring VAR POWER = [P|C|S|1.0|10.0]

I can find no information regarding the 10.0 value at the end. Is this the max power it will allow it to go too? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: GRBL post

Post by Adrian »

There is a Post Processor Editing Guide link on the Help menu of Aspire which explains the variable format. The 10 in this instance is a multiplier.

crpoj13
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: cncrouterparts 2448

Post by crpoj13 »

Thanks for the reply, so the 10 is a multiplier of the 1? or does the 10 workout to be a multiplier for a percentage? I guess what I'm questioning is- when the software askes for the laser power and in my case its 20w, is the post taking that value and making its calculations based on the 20w?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Look in the outputted code and see what the value is. I don't know if there is a direct relationship between the power setting in the Vectric software and your machine.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

There is is full decription of the power variable and the need for the 10 multiplier here.

Found via DuckDuckGo web search using the terms: vectric postprocessor laser