Free Laser download

woodtwister
Model of CNC Machine: 1finity

Free Laser download

Post by woodtwister »

How the heck do you do this ? i have the pro version and just purchased the jtech 14 watt duel laser.now i need some programing software.other laser software or Vectric that i cant seem to download..Help Please..

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Free Laser download

Post by mtylerfl »

Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you want to try out the laser module you have to download the trial version of VCarve and Aspire to use it.

You can't trial the laser module with the full purchased version of the software. You have to buy the laser module and enter the license details via the Help menu.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Yes, indeed. All is explained via the page link posted above.
Attachments
2F05F433-CE23-4D57-8357-4BCE344909FD.png
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

woodtwister

Post by woodtwister »

So what your saying is I have to download v carve pro trail addition even though i already have it to try the laser add on. This makes no sense!! Is this even possible,it won’t mess up my bought version that was 700.00 $$$$..

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Vectric is saying that to try out the laser module requires the downloading and installing of one of the trial products. You can select from one of the Cut2Ds, one of the VCarves, or Aspire. As you alread have VCarve it would make sense that either Cut2D or Aspire would be the one to download.

Personally I’d download one of the Cut2D trials if I were looking to use the laser module as it has the smallest install footprint.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

woodtwister wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:23 pm
This makes no sense!! Is this even possible,it won’t mess up my bought version that was 700.00 $$$$..
It makes sense when you consider how the program is structured. The laser module is essentially two extra types of toolpaths that are only visible when a code (that you purchase) is entered into the bought version. If those toolpaths could be enabled in a bought version as a trial it would need extra code to disable saving non-trial code from those toolpaths compared to the others. The trial version doesn't have that issue as all the toolpaths disallow saving non-trial code etc.

It won't interfere with your bought version as the trial versions install completely separately even if you download a VCarve trial. I have all the trial products and multiple versions of the bought versions all installed on the same PC without issues.

woodtwister

Post by woodtwister »

so what configuration do i use for a onefinity cnc woodworker? from the Vectric drop down laser choice menu?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

It's not a matter of the manufacturer of your machine but rather the controller that it contains. From the Vectric laser module page:
What laser hardware is compatible? Initially we aim to support the following machine tools (and controllers) using the most common commercially available solid-state laser diode modification kits.
  • X-Carve (GRBL)
  • Shapeoko (GRBL)
  • Ooznest (Duet2)
  • Digital Wood Carver (PlanetCNC controller)
  • OpenBuilds (GRBL)
See this link for more information. (Scroll down to the FAQ to the question: What laser hardware is compatible with the laser module?)