Hard Crash when using Laser Module

BarryGilbert
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 2

Re: Hard Crash when using Laser Module

Post by BarryGilbert »

So I changed the kerf to .02 and the stepover to .02 and was able to get the results you see below. When I had the kerf at .0001 and the stepover at .02, it would generate a tool path but you couldn't see anything on the material. So I guess I had the kerf too thin? After I changed that it went back to work.
Screenshot 2022-02-12 192145.png
BarryGilbert wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:16 am
Here is what I have in there now. What would you change to make it easier? Maybe change the stepover?

Screenshot 2022-02-12 191310.png

Adrian wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:15 pm
Should be ok as far as calculations go. I used smaller and didn't have an issue. I was experimenting with different values and anything in the thousandths will cause a long delay but hundredths is ok presuming your CPU isn't really slow.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

Did you read my previous post about Vectric's laser tool?

viewtopic.php?p=285758#p285758
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

BarryGilbert

Post by BarryGilbert »

Yes Sir. It is working now like it did before. I appreciate your information. I wondered about those settings before because it didn't seem to change anything when I changed those setting so thank you for conforming that. The kerf had to be my problem for sure because once I changed that, I'm back in business. I can't thank y'all enough!

Tex_Lawrence wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:29 am
Did you read my previous post about Vectric's laser tool?

viewtopic.php?p=285758#p285758

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

So to sum up for anyone with similar issues in the future you basically had two problems. The first (the non-response) was from having a stepover of 0.002" in the toolpath calculations and the second, once you resolved that, was having the kerf far too thin also in the thousands of an inch.

BarryGilbert

Post by BarryGilbert »

Yes. I believe that is correct. I can’t thank you enough for your help. If the hang report sent to the help desk shows anything different I will make sure to update it here.
Adrian wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:00 am
So to sum up for anyone with similar issues in the future you basically had two problems. The first (the non-response) was from having a stepover of 0.002" in the toolpath calculations and the second, once you resolved that, was having the kerf far too thin also in the thousands of an inch.