laser module, tool database materials

chapklc
Model of CNC Machine: Scienci Long Mill 30x30

laser module, tool database materials

Post by chapklc »

I just recently installed my new laser and have added the Vectric laser module to my aspire software. When, however, I am going through the tutorials, their tutorials reveal different materials within the tool data base. When I click on materials, in the laser tool path, all I see is Hardwood, softwood and MDF. Am I missing a piece of software? I thought it was supposed to list craft foam and various thin materials...?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: laser module, tool database materials

Post by Adrian »

Materials are just simple names that you create from the Toolpaths Materials menu. They do nothing other than set a tool database category so that you can have different rates for the tools.

I expect the person who made the video setup different materials in their copy of the software. I have the laser module as well and it doesn't automatically create new materials.

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by wolfeman »

Go to La Hobbyguy he has all kinds of graphics and Library of materials. There are 2 different ones. Library Art and Library. Library is material. You need to read how to install them you do not just copy and paste however it is not that hard. you Must join his site ( member in order to get the items.There is a hidden file until you joiin then it will show up as member files and downloads. Tons of graphics and lots of meterials and a video how to make your own, it is all free.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

chapklc wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:27 am
I just recently installed my new laser and have added the Vectric laser module to my aspire software. When, however, I am going through the tutorials, their tutorials reveal different materials within the tool data base. When I click on materials, in the laser tool path, all I see is Hardwood, softwood and MDF. Am I missing a piece of software? I thought it was supposed to list craft foam and various thin materials...?
There is a sample tool database with extra materials to use with laser, located in

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\Vectric\Aspire\V11.5\ToolDatabase\laser_tools.vtdb
This can be imported into your actual tool database.
I hope this helps,

Greg K

GuyF
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD5

Post by GuyF »

Having trouble finding a good link to download the Laser Module free or purchase. I'm using Vectric Pro on a Shark 110 and Shark 5HD.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

GuyF wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:52 pm
Having trouble finding a good link to download the Laser Module free or purchase. I'm using Vectric Pro on a Shark 110 and Shark 5HD.
The laser module isn't a separate download. If you purchase it then you get a license key to activate it. If you want to trial it then you have to download a trial version of the main software (Aspire/VCarve/Cut2D) and the laser module trial is active in that.

https://www.vectric.com/free-trial/laser-module