laser trial files

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

laser trial files

Post by wilkigr »

While waiting for Vectric to reply, I thought that someone here could help me.

I downloaded and installed the trial version of VCP 11 so that we could test the trial version of the laser module. (We have a licensed version of VCP, too.) The only files that Vectric will allow us to actually test with the laser are their trial projects. However, I can't find a trial file that will run under VCP, and that will let us etch a picture. I can find the one for the square, but that is only line etching. The video for the baby plaque says that the baby pic is available, but it is not.

I'm sure that I am simply looking in the wrong place. Can someone point me to the correct location, please?

thank you

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman

Re: laser trial files

Post by wilkigr »

Edit: I found one. I don't seem to able to delete my request for help.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

It's good to keep this post as it points out that the "Picture Photo Plaque" tutorial project file does not contain the CRV file mentioned in the video.

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by wilkigr »

Tks, adze. It is frustrating because Vectric advises using the trial to, in part, determine if the laser module is compatible with our laser. Then, they make it very difficult to test that by making it impossible to save tool paths other than those developed from their test files. Finally, they offer only one test file that I have been able to find so far that includes a photo laser carve.

Now, others have said that they gave up and simply bought the module. I just don't see spending $70 Cdn without knowing that the module will work with our laser. It may not seem much to many, I suppose.

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by wilkigr »

Update: Vectric support replied last night and showed me the way to find a .crv file that uses the laser for photo burning. The link in their video that I watched is not the correct one, it seems.

So, to be fair to Vectric, there is a file that will allow us to test the picture burning application on our laser. I was looking in the wrong place.