Laser Module; 7 Watt Laser Module Cutting; Laser Post Processor

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Laser Module; 7 Watt Laser Module Cutting; Laser Post Processor

Post by bbb2541 »

I have a few questions about the Laser Module software and hardware. I purchased the Laser Module V1 software sometime back and want to make sure that I have it installed properly.

1) How or where do I verify that I have the software downloaded into V-Carve Desktop v11.8? If it isn't downloaded, how do I do so?
(I have registered the software.)

2) I have just received a 7 watt Laser Module for Christmas from my kids. What do I need to do to make sure that it is recognized by
my software and Shark II cnc machine? Do I have to register it and where do I do that?

3) Are there specific Post Processors required for the laser software and module? If so, the name and where to find it? Is there any
other set up procedures that I may be overlooking?

If there any tutorial videos available that address any of these questions? Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!
Bruce

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Laser Module; 7 Watt Laser Module Cutting; Laser Post Processor

Post by Adrian »

There is no software to install as such. Simplest way to verify that it is correctly licensed is to look on the toolpath tab and see if the Laser Cut & Fill plus Laser Picture icons are present. You can also look on the Help menu and choose About VCarve to see if the laser module is listed under licenses.

If they're not there then you need to go to the Help menu on VCarve and choose Enter License Code where you can activate your license.

If that doesn't work then you'll probably need to get in touch with Vectric directly.

As to your other questions I'm not sure of the current situation with the Shark laser module and whether it is supported by the laser module or not. There are a few threads about setting it up and issues on the forum.

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Re: Laser Module; 7 Watt Laser Module Cutting; Laser Post Processor

Post by bbb2541 »

Thanks!