Desktop V-Carve V11.07 Photo Laser Tool

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Desktop V-Carve V11.07 Photo Laser Tool

Post by bbb2541 »

I am using Desktop V-Carve v11.7. When I program a Photo Laser job and I select post processor, I only NextWave Inches and mm. When I attempt to run the job on my machine it does nothing. I can do laser text but the photo doesn't run. What am I missing?

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Desktop V-Carve V11.07 Photo Laser Tool

Post by scotttarnor »

Can you run the photo with the engraving tool path following the steps Nextwave provides?
The Laser module does not list Nextwave as “ compatible” hardware. There where discussions about Nextwave in this forum, you could search and see what issues others had with the module.
Scott T

@scottscnc

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Post by bbb2541 »

Thanks

Auger
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Automation HD5 Extended Bed

Post by Auger »

Couple quick questions.

Are you running Vcarve with or without the laser module ??

If you are running Vcarve without the laser module, you will need to do the photo's with NWA's Ready2Raster program.
This is available from Nextwaves web site. (If you do not have the Laser Module, you are most likely using the " Fake Laser" tool made by using an engraving tool, and modifying RPM for instance where 1000RPM = 100% laser power).

If you have the module, you should see the Toolpath Operation called "Laser Picture". You will have 4 lasers to choose from by default. 2watt and 6watt / metric and imperial.

Nextwave was originally listed as compatible at one time, but it was removed after issues were found. Vectric and Nextwave are currently working together to resolve the issue. I have been in contact with them (both companies), and have been testing new Post Processors, and Firmware trying to assist them.