Ruida Controllers?

AA7BQ
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna EX

Ruida Controllers?

Post by AA7BQ »

I've read here that Ruida controllers aren't supported by Vectric. That's a shame because they are very capable DSP-based controllers. Could someone enlighten us as to why they are so difficult to support?

I have a Laguna 150W CO2 laser that does a great job with its Ruida controller, however, the only software option is other laser software. I haven't looked at laser machine tool control software, though.

For those of you familiar with other laser software, you'll probably note that its vector drawing capabilities are rudimentary compared to Vectric. In my particular setup, I find myself designing projects in Vectric and then exporting them via SVG to other laser software. other laser software is also very capable and it has a lot of great features apart from basic vector drawing. other laser software offers almost zero help for correcting overlaps and zero-length spans, for example.

In fact, in my particular setup I may use Adobe Illustrator and then Vcarve Pro, and then other laser software on the same project.

By way of comparison, I'd say that Vcarve is two times more sophisticated than other laser software, and 1/10 as sophisticated as Illustrator. Yes, I know, these are different tools with different missions, but I can speak to their relative complexity. All three of them create vectors. Some are more usable than others :-)

GeneMpls
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PRS Buddy48alpha ,4x6' 130w laser, Wazer

Re: Ruida Controllers?

Post by GeneMpls »

I assume you have looked at xxxxx? It will not let me post the name of other software. It was written by one of our members- PM me if you are interested. Gene