Laser Firing Before at Start of Pattern

Piddlin
Model of CNC Machine: onefinity woodworker

Laser Firing Before at Start of Pattern

Post by Piddlin »

I am totally new at this. Purchased OneFinity Woodworker with J-Tech laser. Have VcarvePro w/laser module and post processor. I download the file, start up the laser and push the play button - the laser fires as the spindle starts to move drawing a line to the place where I actually want it to start the pattern. It has happened several times. What am/have I done wrong?

Piddlin'

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: Laser Firing Before at Start of Pattern

Post by scotttarnor »

Sounds like you have the incorrect Post processor. I would check the manufacturers and Jtechs website or forums for others who may have had the same issue.
Onefinity is not on the list of supported manufacturers
Attachments
EDEE70E8-D516-4A70-A4C3-2C567005C18E.png
Scott T

@scottscnc

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

The AXIOM CNC have this same problem. They change the SPINDLE DELAY from 4 seconds to 0.

Piddlin
Model of CNC Machine: onefinity woodworker

Post by Piddlin »

Thank you each for the messages and guidance. They are helpful. I'm still trying to figure out this forum business. BTW the JTEC laser is the one sold as 1F laser system. I downloaded the inches post processor from the Jtech web site, however, I am going to do it again and reinstall. I have run a couple of designs without problem and then a couple with the early firing so I'm at a loss. Thank you once again. Have a great Independence Day and fun CNCing.

David