New Wave Shark ll Laser Module not

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

New Wave Shark ll Laser Module not

Post by bbb2541 »

I'm having an issue with my laser module reading a picture file using Desktop 10.5 Laser Picture function in my software. The picture I'm using is not a photograph but a drawing (see Conor Attachment). When I set it up on the computer everything looks fine. Calculates and preview is exactly what I want, but when I try running it on my Shark ll Laser Module, it won't burn. It moves as if it is burning but the laser doesn't operate. I went through all the editing steps and got the resolution I want. The V-Carve file is too big to upload. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Attachments
Conor.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: New Wave Shark ll Laser Module not

Post by gkas »

Upload the file to a drive share (Google Drive, Dropbox). The free accounts are enough and free. Post a link to the file share. Not sure: ask "how to share a file on google drive" on google.

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Nextwave and Vectric have not gotten the laser module working see this post
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=36445&p=271612&hilit=shark#p271612

I use my laser the "old fashion way" setting it up as a engraving tool and using the "Nextwave-Laser" PP.
Scott T

@scottscnc

Auger
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Automation HD5 Extended Bed

Post by Auger »

Actually Vectric has fixed the issues on their side... so they say. However they will not release a patch, but rather wish to wait until they have their show in San Diego later this year, I assume to release a newer version of Aspire / VCarve.

As for Next Wave Automation, I have tried to assist them where ever they need it, but it appears they do not want any help. All I ever get from them is to try the Ready2Raster program to burn photos. I had asked them if they had any "Default" settings to try (hatch spacing, feed rate etc), and they have ignored every request I have sent them. I currently have a firmware they sent me to try, but it failed just like the rest.

My question to the poster is, What PP (Post Processor) are you selecting ?? If you have the keypad to operate your CNC, do you get a warning stating you are about to use the laser ??

And last but not least, Have you tried their Ready2Raster program just to see if you can get your laser to fire ??

As Scott stated earlier, you can try your laser the "Old Fashioned" way by using an engraver bit and modifying it for your laser. IIRC, spindle speed reflects the laser power (1000 rpm = 100% laser power) ***Always remember to ensure you do not turn on the spindle during this process !! ***. I think there was a post somewhere on how to do this, or Next Wave had it in their forums ,or setups page. DO NOT take my word on this, please look it up first, as it has been a while since I set that up in my VCarve. (I now use Aspire).

Hope this helps you a little bit. If you have any more questions feel free to post them here, I'll do my best to find an answer for you, or I know the great guys on this forum here will also assist.

bbb2541
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Post by bbb2541 »

Thanks guys. You all have very helpful. I'll the suggestion you have shared and see if I can it to work.