Changed settings in LaserGrbl; now control board is not working

theslaz
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO

Changed settings in LaserGrbl; now control board is not working

Post by theslaz »

Running a desktop 3018 pro. Using Cut2D as my designing software. Just purchased a laser for said 3018 pro. In testing the laser, I was trying to burn just plain fine lines on a MDF test board. The lines were perfect for what I want; however, whenever the laser came to the end of a line it would leave a small burn mark. I there for went into the settings panel for the burning program I am using; LaserGrbl, where I changed a few settings, one being to lower the power intensity of the laser. It said, it successfully wrote the file to the board ( I'm assuming the control board). When I went to try. Nothing. Everything was dead in the water. Every error I message I got was "Disconnected or failed to connect"! I do have a spare control board. I did try it and it worked. I re-flashed the non working one several times with negative results. Anyone know what happened? I don't want the same thing to happen to the new board! I will probably not use the LaserGrbl program as I do not like it. I have been using other laser software with good results. However, I'm having problems importing my files into it from Cut2D. But I'll start another post on that problem.

theslaz
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO

Re: Changed settings in LaserGrbl; now control board is not working

Post by theslaz »

I should add, that the problem I'm having is that when I try to connect to the burning software, it always says that it is "Locked". I do unlock it, and than the program gives the appearance that everything is working. But there is no response from any command that I punch in. The controller does not work in "laser" mode or "Spindle" mode. Dead!