Can't save toolpath

wcw7398
Model of CNC Machine: X Carve 1000

Can't save toolpath

Post by wcw7398 »

After installing the laser module I can't save my toolpath. I get an error message that says to check if my image is read only, or if if the file is in use by another program, or if disk is full. None of these conditions exist.

I don't know if maybe I've defined the tool incorrectly in the database or if it could be something else. It shows a preview and looks correct, but it won't save. I have downloaded the post processor from JTECT Photonics and tried using that as well, but got the same results. I'm at a loss, and don't know what else to try.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Can't save toolpath

Post by Adrian »

Bit confused about the message about an "image". Where are you trying to save the toolpath from? With the laser module the toolpaths are generally saved from within the toolpath itself.

wcw7398

Post by wcw7398 »

I'm confused as well. I'm saving them from the save toolpath dialog box as all the others, and in the same manner. When I click save the error message comes up. All the carving toolpaths save correctly. A correction though from my first post. The error says to check if the FILE is read only, not image as previously and erroneously said.
Last edited by wcw7398 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Are you trying to save them directly to a memory card or removeable drive? All I can think is that there is something wrong with the drive.

Have you tried saving to different physical discs?

wcw7398

Post by wcw7398 »

I'm using the hard drive on my computer. All other files of every type and size are saving just fine. Don't think it's the drive. Thank you so much for thinking about it though.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

A gotchya that I run into with this is when I am working on a file in Aspire and I have been test running it on the machine from the same computer. If I do not cancel the file in the machine control software the file is locked and I cannot save it until I remove it from the machine control program.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

wcw7398

Post by wcw7398 »

I uninstalled and re-installed V Carve Pro 10. Jay From JTechPhotonics helped me over the Phone. I have not yet Played with the laser, but at least it's saving the toolpath at this point. Can't say enough about the customer service from JTech. Best ever! I don't think this was his problem to solve, but he took it on no questions asked.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

wcw7398 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:45 pm
I'm saving them from the save toolpath dialog box as all the others, and in the same manner.
Are you saving them to the same place? Try saving a "regular" toolpath and a laser toolpath to the same destination folder.

EDIT: oops. Posted this before looking "below the fold". If your error is still there after the re-install my question stands.