Laser module with Axiom Precision (RichAuto B18 HHC)

ZipperHead55
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4Pro+ and AR8Pro+

Laser module with Axiom Precision (RichAuto B18 HHC)

Post by ZipperHead55 »

I'm still holding out hope that somebody has come up with post processors for the Axiom Precision AR-series of machines (RichAuto B18 hand held controller).

I unwisely A) bought a laser that comes with next-to-no support (Endurance) and B) paid for the Laser Module as soon as it was released (in my zeal to have the shiny new toy, I paid for it without realizing there was a trial option for it). Right now I am at a stand-still, and it's starting to get a little frustrating waiting for "official" post-processors that might work for similar set-ups (I was hoping to piggyback off of the JTech PP's for their laser, since my laser SEEMS to use the same wiring, output controls. Again, I was stupid to jump in to using a 3rd party (mostly unsupported) laser, based on performance specs, and not knowing how I would properly implement it into my workflow (Endurance promises "plug and play" and they advertised that someone has previously used an AR8+Pro with their laser, but I am starting to suspect that might have been someone using UCCNC (a user outside of N America, or someone who modified their machine), which is not the same as the HHC variant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (except for the "It's simple! Write it yourself!" and then offer no assistance type of "help"), and I would be willing to pay for the file ($25USD sound fair?).

Thanks,

Allan

Woody Jr
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro Ar8 V5

Re: Laser module with Axiom Precision (RichAuto B18 HHC)

Post by Woody Jr »

I am also hoping for the proper post processors for axiom. I recently was in touch with Axiom. They indicated that they forwarded the specs for post processor development. I also emailed vectric and they stated that they will be offering more post processors as time permits.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Laser module with Axiom Precision (RichAuto B18 HHC)

Post by gkas »

Woody Jr wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:22 pm
I am also hoping for the proper post processors for axiom. I recently was in touch with Axiom. They indicated that they forwarded the specs for post processor development. I also emailed vectric and they stated that they will be offering more post processors as time permits.
It won't be much good as they cannot control the power setting with their controller. Only on/off and feed rate. You're just as well off defining a laser 'bit' and using a normal toolpath.