Endurance laser setup

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home made revision 3

Endurance laser setup

Post by Len-Tikular »

Hopefully I can get some help her.
I have Endurance 10W+ Laser and running Aspire 10.5 with a Warp9 ESS Smooth Stepper a C11 Rev8 BOB (All 5 inputs are used with limits and homing switches) so I have a C10 plugged directly into the Smooth stepper.

I could use some help in getting the laser setup with PWM in Mach4 Hobby. Specifically which boxes should be ticked in both the mach 4 settings and the ESS settings.

Vectric are selling a Laser post processor add on, does anyone know if this works with Endurance lasers and Mach4 Hobby.

Thanks

George
Len-Tikular (A glider pilots dream cloud)

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby
Ess Smoothstepper + C11g+C10s

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Endurance laser setup

Post by Adrian »

Bottom of this page - https://www.vectric.com/products/laser-module - there is an FAQ section which lists which laser setups are supported.

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home made revision 3

Post by Len-Tikular »

Cheers

George
Len-Tikular (A glider pilots dream cloud)

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby
Ess Smoothstepper + C11g+C10s

jjneeb
Model of CNC Machine: AVID CNC 4x4, Opt Lasers

Post by jjneeb »

I'm not sure if you've checked out Warp 9's laser setup documentation for the ESS: https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#LaserSetup They do a pretty good job of describing the setup, and have some other good info in their forum.

I have an Opt laser on my AVID CNC running PWM off of one of the ESS port 3 outputs. I'm using Mach 4 Hobby, but the latest version (Warp 9 had links for that there) and the latest ESS plugin (has some laser fixes). Took a while to figure out the setup, and get the post processor for Vcarve Pro 10.5 with the laser module edited to get it to output the files correctly, but its working pretty well now.

Jim

topotrev
Model of CNC Machine: Avid Pro

Post by topotrev »

jjneeb wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:59 am
I'm not sure if you've checked out Warp 9's laser setup documentation for the ESS: https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#LaserSetup They do a pretty good job of describing the setup, and have some other good info in their forum.

I have an Opt laser on my AVID CNC running PWM off of one of the ESS port 3 outputs. I'm using Mach 4 Hobby, but the latest version (Warp 9 had links for that there) and the latest ESS plugin (has some laser fixes). Took a while to figure out the setup, and get the post processor for Vcarve Pro 10.5 with the laser module edited to get it to output the files correctly, but its working pretty well now.

Jim
Hi Jim! I'm using the exact same setup with the OPT/Avid combo and can't seem to get my laser to fire... I've been searching for info but a straight forward tutorial seems to be lacking... Would you be able to elaborate on what you did to get yours working? I'd really like to put together a tutorial to help newbies with this combo get up and running...

Questions:
What Post Processor your using to get V-carve to talk to mach 4.
What pins did you use to set up the laser on and how did you configure the ESS plugin in mach 4.
How are you setting up the laser as a tool in V-carve.
What settings are you using to control the power output on the laser? Spindle rpm?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Trevor

jjneeb
Model of CNC Machine: AVID CNC 4x4, Opt Lasers

Post by jjneeb »

Hi Trevor,
Sorry I didn't notice this request earlier. I don't come to this forum very often since the AVID CNC and Opt Lasers FB pages are much more active for my setup.

I hope you have everything figured out, but if not, feel free to send me an email at jnwdwks@gmail.com and I will send you all the setup information.

Also, you can see some of the instructional videos I have done for AVID CNC and Vectric stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/c/JNWoodworks
jim