Laser Module with WINCNC pp

2jfrench
Model of CNC Machine: shopsabre 23

Laser Module with WINCNC pp

Post by 2jfrench »

I am no hand at writing pp code. The pp I have for wincnc does not work with the new Laser module.
So I was hoping that someone would have a post processor for wincnc that works with the new laser module.
Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Laser Module with WINCNC pp

Post by Adrian »

Depends on what laser you have and how it's connected. It's not as simple as a straight CNC post processor as each laser configuration is different in how the laser is turned on/off, how the power is applied to it etc.

M Queen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: WinCNC Hybrid

Post by M Queen »

I see you are running a Shop Sabre machine. Do you have laser enabled on your machine? Is it a stepper or servo machine?
I have one in testing. It works great for vectors but for bitmap engraving you're better off using WinCNC's built in bitmap engraving feature right now.
Attachments
Spirals.jpg
CryGirl.jpg
Mike Queen
Microsystems World CNC (WinCNC)
https://www.youtube.com/user/cncMike304

M Queen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: WinCNC Hybrid

Post by M Queen »

In regard to the photo of the Aspire laser output in my last post...
That was done from a servo machine and therefore has delay built into the servo drive due to tuning. The reason the one done with the native WinCNC output is so clear is because it is tuned to compensate for the offset. I expect that with a stepper machine the image done through the G-code file produced with Aspire would look much better than the one in that image.
Mike Queen
Microsystems World CNC (WinCNC)
https://www.youtube.com/user/cncMike304

2jfrench

Post by 2jfrench »

Mike
My Shop Sabre is a servo machine and I have laser enabled. Yes bitmap engraving using wincnc built in engraving feature produces a great image. Hoping that Vectric laser module would work with my machine as it would be very convenient.
Thanks

2jfrench

Post by 2jfrench »

2jfrench wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:01 pm
Mike
My Shop Sabre is a servo machine and I have laser enabled. Yes bitmap engraving using wincnc built in engraving feature produces a great image. Hoping that Vectric laser module would work with my machine as it would be very convenient.
Thanks
"stepper machine not servo"