Laser module and UCCNC

tajohns
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built + Jtech 7watt Laser

Laser module and UCCNC

Post by tajohns »

If I upgrade to UCCNC on my home built router, will the laser module work with the stepcraft uccnc pp?
Cheers,
Tom

Flyfish
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft 420 and Optimum BF20 CNC

Re: Laser module and UCCNC

Post by Flyfish »

Hello
currently the PP for UCCNC does not seem to work properly for the Stepcraft under UCCNC. The laser is currently switched on with M3SXXX, this does not work. M3QXXX must be here.
I have already written to Edward from Vectric and have shared all the information with him. I'm waiting for a solution!
Best regards
Peter

Chris B
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Precision

Post by Chris B »

Hi Flyfish,
From UNNC_mm.pp which is the program used fro Stepcraft

VAR LINE_NUMBER = [N|A|N|1.0]
VAR SPINDLE_SPEED = [S|A|S|1.0]
VAR POWER = [P|C|S|1.0|10.0]

If you change the third variable to this VAR SPINDLE_SPEED = [S|A|Q|1.0] it should now output M3Qxxx.
If you are using power rather than spindle speed change to this VAR POWER = [P|C|Q|1.0|10.0]

Good luck
Chris

Jondar
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft D2-600

Post by Jondar »

I currently have Vectric desktop 9.5, and am debating if I would be able to use the laser module (which would mean I need to upgrade to 11.5, and buy the module). I have a stepcraft D2.600 system with a laser that I have been using for cutting purposes using a modified driver file (By Jay @ Jtechphotonics) as that was where my first laser was from. It was modified to avoid a change in Z-axis height but worked uring the modified driver file and having a tool set up for the laser (where spindle speed was %power for the laser).

I hesitate to install the Desktop 11.5 trial version as I don't want to mess up my current 9.5 version. If I were to upgrade to the 11.5 version & buy the laser module, would I be able to use my modified driver that has worked for cutting, or is there a driver for a laser to be used with a Stepcraft? Would the picture engraving also work with what I have been using, or with a driver if one exists for the 11.5 version for stepcraft?

I'm very pleased with the Vectric program overall. I'm just trying to determine if it would function out-of-the-box with a Stepcraft driver (with the gcode file then transferred to my computer driving the Stepcraft) or if it would work perfectly with the one I am using as-is, if I added that as the driver?

Thank you!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Installing the trial won't mess up your current version. They are separate programs.