Laser module and Mach 3

tajohns
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built + Jtech 7watt Laser

Laser module and Mach 3

Post by tajohns »

I don’t see a post processer for Mach3. Does the Laser module not work with Mach 3?
Cheers,
Tom

Poorfellar
Model of CNC Machine: Home built with JTech 7w Laser

Re: Laser module and Mach 3

Post by Poorfellar »

Following:
I installed the original JTech pp that I used prior to the upgrade and I get an error when trying to save the gcode. Thinking we need a Mach3 pp for the JTech Laser. Any help is much appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Poorfellar wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 am
Following:
I installed the original JTech pp that I used prior to the upgrade and I get an error when trying to save the gcode. Thinking we need a Mach3 pp for the JTech Laser. Any help is much appreciated.
Hi,

Maybe this link will be helpful:

https://jtechphotonics.com/?page_id=1436
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Post by EdwardP »

Hi,

As you will know from the warnings you clicked through before purchase, Mach3 is simply not a controller for which we can currently provide laser module support I'm afraid. As Micheal suggest, you can try your luck with JTech to see if they have an updated post-processors for your specific set-up yet. Alternatively, if you contact support@vectric.com, we can arrange a refund.

I hope you don't mind me reiterating, for others reading this, that initially we must limit our support to those machines and controllers listed on our website, the product description and purchase pages, as well as the click-through 'extra check' before purchasing. We will be adding further supported systems over time as we are able to test and verify their functionality with our software.

For expert users wishing to 'go it alone' without requiring support, are happy write their own post-processor and accept the risks involved then I would still strongly recommend experimenting using only the free trial edition of our products with the demo functionality and sample files provided - please don't purchase before you have a proven solution for you needs.

E

tajohns
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built + Jtech 7watt Laser

Post by tajohns »

Thank you Edward for replying.
Cheers,
Tom

AlbertaClipper
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built

Post by AlbertaClipper »

I have been using Aspire and Mach3 with the JTech pp (that I modified) and the Pass through BOB from JTech with great success. I had to purchase the BOB as I had trouble getting the PWM signal out of my 10yo Gecko G540. Once I stripped the PWM out of the Mach3 signal to the G540 with the BOB and sent the PWM signal (pins 17 and 18) directly to the laser module I have had no problems.
I am attaching my Aspire pp.
Mike
Attachments
JTech Mach3 M11p1 (in).pp
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
JTech Mach3 M11p1 (in).txt
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Post by EdwardP »

Hi AbertaClipper,

I really appreciate your attempt to be helpful here, but for the benefit of those downloading - this post doesn't have any of the necessary record types to support the laser module correctly I'm afraid. It will allow simple *non-laser-module* profiling of sorts using a laser by intercepting spindle speed changes in the way that many 'workarounds' have done up until now - but will not work with the new, bespoke, laser functionality provided by the module.

We are working with JTech (and other laser conversion kit suppliers) to get as many posts written and tested as we can, but for now I'm afraid we *do not* have a proven solution for Mach3 conversions. I assure you I will update this thread as soon as the situation changes.

Sorry to be a bit of Grinch but I do need to apply a 'health warning' to this one and head-off any potential disappointment...

E