Laser module

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Laser module

Post by wolfeman »

I have looked, :shock: I pormise you, Just can not find the answer. Can someone please tell me how many computers the laser module can be installed on. "to make the tool in the tool data base". I know most the programs is three computers, but need to be sure before buying the module. Thanks !!!

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Re: Laser module

Post by wb9tpg »

The actual software is installed when you inctall Vcarve, Aspire etc. it turns on based on your license in the portal. It’ll turn on every place you installed the original product
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

OK Thanks. I just have to pay the $49 and it should show up then right? It is not currently showing up anywhere I installed the original software. I appreciate your time. Just did not want to pay $49 for each install.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

wolfeman wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:51 pm
Just did not want to pay $49 for each install.
Did you pay for each install of the Vectric software? Like if you had a business with different users?
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

As far as I know you have to enter the license code on each installed version. It won't automatically "upgrade" the other copies once you've done one although that might have changed with recent versions as I was a very early user of the laser module.

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

Tex I only paid once and was able to install on 3 computers just like the normal programs.

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

Adrian, you were right. Had to go to each computer and just install on each computer. I went to download the Post processor for the module and they have one for the early style like you did, "Endmill tool". Then they had two PP for the module, one regular and there was also one that said NO Z. Would you happen to know what a no Z would be. I got the items to show up in the toolpath (right side) area however they are not showing up in the tool database so if someone reading this knows what the No Z and why my lasers is not showing up in the tool database I would appreciate any info.. I did install them. I will keep trying. Thanks for the input.

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

I Think i figured it out, thanks for your time.