Creality CV-01 Pro Laser

TheRealJustMe
Model of CNC Machine: Shark SD100 & Shapeoko 3 XXL

Creality CV-01 Pro Laser

Post by TheRealJustMe »

Hello All,

Is anyone running a Creality CV-01 Pro machine with the Laser Module for VCarve Pro 11.5 yet? I would like to add this machine as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg at this time ($129.00USD + Tax) plus the cosst of the Laser Module. If it actually works out, I can then think about adding a real laser to the shop.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Creality CV-01 Pro Laser

Post by adze_cnc »

Vectric can't list each and every machine available. At the Creality product page (you can find quite a bit of info there) I expect will list GRBL which is something the Vectric laser module should support.

Vlad
Model of CNC Machine: Custom homemade

Post by Vlad »

I’ve run laser on Bibo 3d printer, it is similar.
There are limitation - using fan control to control the laser, not sure how much power it can supply. I use 0.5W laser with about 500 mm/min speed for small projects.
There are no direct post processor. I made gcode in Vectric and manually edited it.
Works fine for my hobby toys,
There is a way to make gcode in Incskape through extentions and it works with small corrections but I like Vectric laser module better.

drbarger
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by drbarger »

I have a project that I am working on that some might find interesting. I have an Ender 3 Pro 3d printer that I am in the process of converting from a 3d printer to a laser engraver. Nothing new, I know. but I have completely removed the hot end and am installing the 1.5 laser in it's place. I've designed a holder for the laser that uses the hot end screws to hold it in place, rather than rely on the magnets.

I have been using VCarve with the Laser Module for designing some test cuts, but can't find a post processor for this laser unit. I am working on creating the VCarve post processor file to setup the Ender with the laser attached, so I can port my VCarve laser module gcode designs directly to the Ender.

If anyone is interested I can post links to the laser holder CAD and stl files, as well as the Post Processor file.

Thanks

Vlad
Model of CNC Machine: Custom homemade

Post by Vlad »

I’ll be interested in Post processor
Thank you!!!

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BDM »

If you don't want to reinvent the wheel: https://jtechphotonics.com/?p=19034