A New Gadget

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
cannedled
Model of CNC Machine: axyz 8010

A New Gadget

Post by cannedled »

Hello folks, first time posting here.
I am looking for a drawing gadget that will take a shape and create three distinct and standard offsets of the shape. It would be like the circle resize gadget, but able to resize shapes that are not just circles, but other .dxf files that are created in other programs.

It is to set up the standard offsets for building channel letters, where the face, the return and the back are all different sizes. I work in the sign industry and do channel letter layouts constantly and I am wondering if there is a way to automate the process.

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: A New Gadget

Post by jimandi5000 »

cannedled wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:39 pm
Hello folks, first time posting here.
I am looking for a drawing gadget that will take a shape and create three distinct and standard offsets of the shape. It would be like the circle resize gadget, but able to resize shapes that are not just circles, but other .dxf files that are created in other programs.

It is to set up the standard offsets for building channel letters, where the face, the return and the back are all different sizes. I work in the sign industry and do channel letter layouts constantly and I am wondering if there is a way to automate the process.
Hello Canneded,

I hope you're doing well.

Do you have some drawings and some additional details you can share on precisely what you're looking for? We're happy to assist in building you some productivity tools but as you know the devil is in the details.

I have a lot of experience in reading DXF files and producing the geometry.

Please send me a private message here on the forum and I will have a look.

If you're interested in seeing some of the our work of a look at our website.
Easy Gadget Web Site
https://www.gadgets.jimandi.com
Thanks,
Jim