trochoidal toolpath GADGET

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
cohokidd
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark extended

trochoidal toolpath GADGET

Post by cohokidd »

A High Efficiency Milling toolpath gadget would be GREAT. Something like trochoidal toolpathing. This would be VERY helpful for the people that have spindles that only accept 1/4 inch tooling. The benefits of this kind of toolpath are endless. Deeper cuts with less spindle load, and increased tool life are two of the main ones.

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: trochoidal toolpath GADGET

Post by jimandi5000 »

cohokidd wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:14 pm
A High Efficiency Milling toolpath gadget would be GREAT. Something like trochoidal toolpathing. This would be VERY helpful for the people that have spindles that only accept 1/4 inch tooling. The benefits of this kind of toolpath are endless. Deeper cuts with less spindle load, and increased tool life are two of the main ones.
Hi Cohokidd,

Yep, I think I could make one. I would need some details on what you are thinking the gadget should ask and show.
Thanks,
Jim

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: trochoidal toolpath GADGET

Post by adze_cnc »

To make this happen you'd need to:
  • draw contours that are the complete trochoidal paths (a pocket would need to have the paths cover all areas to be removed---profile paths might be easier)
  • create an "External" toolpath
see https://knowledge.autodesk.com/fr/suppo ... C-htm.html for samples.

There's probably good reasons why trochoidal toolpaths aren't in VCarve / Aspire by default.