Select and modify multiple texts.

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Select and modify multiple texts.

Post by FixitMike »

I would find a gadget where one could select multiple texts and change the font and size of all of them at one time very useful.

Hopefully, the texts would not loose their kerning and angular orientation like they do when you modify them using the text tool.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

antennasDIY
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Re: Select and modify multiple texts.

Post by antennasDIY »

If you select them all then hit the T text tool and change the font and size it changes all of what you have selected. Do you mean something else?

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

antennasDIY wrote:If you select them all then hit the T text tool and change the font and size it changes all of what you have selected. Do you mean something else?
It doesn't seem to have an option for the Font. And if there is more than one text, the entire pattern is enlarged, rather than the individual lines. The T tool is the size tool in my VCarve Pro.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

PapaBear1044
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro ... Legacy Artisan

Post by PapaBear1044 »

In response to FixitMike, it doesn't work that way in Aspire. If you select all text and go into Create Text tool, then try to change the font, it says there is nothing selected. What am I missing?

D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Seems to be a bit of confusion here. Pressing T (in Aspire and VCarve) accesses the Size tool which is a different thing from the Create Text tool which doesn't have a shortcut key. I think the mention of T was in reference to the icon itself rather than a key.

The size tool can do part of what Mike is looking for by using the percentage option. That way it will enlarge the individual items by that percentage rather than setting the whole selection a fixed size as happens when entering an exact size.