exporting multiple sheets after nesting as individual files. 1 sheet per file.

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
chaka7119
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 1390

exporting multiple sheets after nesting as individual files. 1 sheet per file.

Post by chaka7119 »

We nest around 1000 to 2000 items on 24 x 48 sheets to cut on our laser. Our problem is we have to export the sheets one by one to a work folder which is somewhat time consuming like 15 minutes per 100 sheets, plus the human error factor that happens at times. If there was a gadget where we could export all the nested sheets as individual numbered files it would save us some manpower hours and the headache of human error. Is this something that is possible? If so what would it take to get a gadget like this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: exporting multiple sheets after nesting as individual files. 1 sheet per file.

Post by Adrian »

You can do that in the software already unless I'm missing something in your description. There used to be a gadget that did that but it was replaced by functionality in the software.

Basically you setup the toolpaths with automatic layer selection and save as a template. When you load that template it asks you if want to apply toolpaths to all the sheets. You can then use the Output Visible Toolpaths to Multiple Files option when saving the toolpaths.

chaka7119
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 1390

Re: exporting multiple sheets after nesting as individual files. 1 sheet per file.

Post by chaka7119 »

I know it has been a bit over a year since I posted. I have tired this but I need to be able to export these sheets as a dxf file. I got as far as the save toolpaths but I need a post processor and did not see anything for dxf. I need each individual nested sheet as an individual dxf file that we use to cut on a laser.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

To save as a DXF file you select the vectors you want and then go to the File, Export..., DXF menu item.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Seems like you've posted in multiple places with this question. I've also replied here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37556