New Gadget for 9 kinds of Dovetails

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
LVCorbin
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick Gen II

New Gadget for 9 kinds of Dovetails

Post by LVCorbin »

I am a retired software developer with a Legacy Maverick 3x5 CNC and VCarve Pro. I was looking for software to enable me to cut dovetails on the CNC, particularly the kind of half-blind that look like hand-cut, with very narrow pins and wide tails. I couldn't find any so I wrote my own VCarve/Aspire gadget, in LUA of course. It generates vectors for 9 kinds of joints: box joints, through dovetail, the usual half-blind dovetail, a special half-blind dovetail with the tailboard cut on the flat that can do very narrow pins, a full-blind mitered dovetail, and sliding dovetails. For all of these joints you can control numbers and sizes of tails, tightness of the joint, rounding or not, bloating of the end pins, bloating of one particular tail, and can specify backer boards and for some joints you can cut multiple parts at once. For sliding dovetails you can specify the length and amount of taper, and which axis to cut along. I have posted it on my website: https://corbinwoodworks.com and there you can peruse the 62 page tutorial and User Manual. You can also purchase a copy of the gadget during the month of January for $48.75. The source code and User Manual are Copyrighted.
This gadget has been thoroughly tested, but still might have an occasional bug. I promise to fix things right away. I have beta tested it and tried to make the user interface as intuitive and as easy to use as possible, but still would appreciate comments. Vince Corbin