The Easy Gadget Removal Process

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

The Easy Gadget Removal Process

Post by jimandi5000 »

Hello everyone,

A great question was asked on how someone can remove older versions of the Easy Gadgets I have created.
I do not own any Apple products therefore, I can only give instructions for Microsoft based operating systems.
If someone has a Apple product, I welcome their expertise.

This is a two-step process:

Step 1: File Management
I organize my gadgets by folders
I organize my gadgets by folders
A. Close all instances of VCarve Pro or Aspire
B. Open Microsoft File Explore and navigate to:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets
C. Create a folder called Old.
D. Select the unwanted gadgets and Move the file(s) and/or folder(s) into the Old folder.
E. Open a fresh instance of VCarve Pro or Aspire and test the remaining gadgets are working properly.
F. If something does not work correctly, you can Copy the file(s) and/or folder(s) back from the Old folder and re-test.
G. This process can also be used to organize your gadgets into folders as shown in the image above.
H. If everything works correctly, you can Delete the Old folder you created with all of its contents.

Step 2: Registry Management
Blue items can be remove
Blue items can be remove
(Alert: This step is not required. If you are not 100% confident you can perform this action, don't)
Note: Mistakes made under this step can damage your current installation of Vectric software. Be sure to completely understand what you're doing before proceeding.
A. Close all instances of VCarve Pro or Aspire.
B. Find and open the "Regedit Edit" program, this Windows tool will allow you to edit your Windows registry.
C. Within Registry Edit, at the top, directly under the File, Edit, View, Favorites and Help menus is a registry path, Paste the following line and press Enter.

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Vectric
D. Display the File menu and select Export. Make a backup copy of your current Vectric registry values before proceeding.
E. Depending on your current version of Vectric product, in the left-hand navigation panel, navigate to your current version and select the > symbol to expand.
F. Locate the "Easy" gadgets you want to remove registry input, Select the Easy gadget name and right mouse click and select Delete
G. If you make a mistake or after testing your Vectric product and something is not working properly. You can reinstall the backup registry you performed in Step 2-D by performing a Registry Edit, Import function.

Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks,
Jim