Box creator allowance and tabs

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
erh
Model of CNC Machine: Industrial

Box creator allowance and tabs

Post by erh »

With the box creator gadget, is there a way to control the locations of the hold down tabs or eliminate them all together? Presently I delete the box creator tool path to get rid of the tabs and recalculate, but then my "allowance" values are gone along with the tabs and my box joints are very tight.

Also, is there an easy way to adjust the "allowance" setting independent of the box creator gadget to loosen up the joints? Thanks.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Box creator allowance and tabs

Post by Adrian »

If you're using the square joint option rather than dovetail you can edit the toolpath as it's a normal toolpath. No need to delete it and create a new one.

The allowance can be controlled via the toolpath as normal.

erh
Model of CNC Machine: Industrial

Post by erh »

I don't follow what you are saying. If I am doing box ends how can I adjust the allowance and edit the tabs at the same time?

Is there a detailed written instruction for the box creator?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The only instructions with the gadgets are the ones on the gadgets website.

What I'm saying is don't delete the toolpath as you say you are doing. Just edit it and then you won't lose any values that are set in it. They are just normal pocket and profile toolpaths.

All the gadget is doing is automating the drawing and the creation of the toolpaths. It's not adding anything that doesn't already exist in the software.