Easy Locking Joint Maker

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: Easy Locking Joint Maker

Post by jimandi5000 »

Hi BigC,

I understand... This hobby can be a costly thing sometimes.
Thanks,
Jim

BigC
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Post by BigC »

Hi BigC,
I understand... This hobby can be a costly thing sometimes.
Apart from that Jim.
I started out at the beginning of the year by buying a small hobby machine kit (1000 x 700) screw driven.
I also bought a bit kit, (5 in all, most of which I may never use)
Then I had a look around for CAD/CAM software. Done the usual rounds with the freebie opensource programs but none of them appealed to me.
Someone recommended me to try Vectric. I downloaded the free trials and the rest is history as they say. (I was impressed and hooked)
Now I could only afford CUT2D, pretty soon it was clear that this was very limiting to what I wanted to do. So after a month or so (again under financial constraint) I upgraded to V Carve Desktop. This is adequate for me at this moment in time especially not being able to mill to the full size of my machine. Then again I do have the tiling option, which if I had all the facets available to me I may never turn to this option and take time to learn how to do this.
So at the minute its horses for courses keeping within the rails on the one side monetary and the other my education process.
That said, I do wish the folks upstairs would (if they could) make gadgets available to desktop versions. There are bound to be more users in my situation that would like to use some of the helpful aids like your Joint Maker. Whereby, in turn, there would be an increase in people using the gadget, offer feedback, critique and perhaps recommendation on how to improve upon if possible.
If the gadget is 100% usable, tried and tested then they may be able to offer individual gadgets at a small monetary sum to users with a premium or incentive paid to the developer.
Just my thoughts Jim
But Hey Ho, it is what it is for now. perhaps one day I'll get to use your ver 10 :lol:
Regards
C

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

I understand
Attachments
Thumb.jpg
Thanks,
Jim