Easy Cabinet Maker

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
aa1pi
Model of CNC Machine: KRMx01

Re: Easy Cabinet Maker

Post by aa1pi »

Errors in cust list The version is 14.9

Ver 14.9 Cabinet cut list ID 160 BACK PANEL MY CABINET HEIGHT IS 20" , the width the program gives is 17- 13/16 which is off, the length is ok 16-1/8
In the drawings the width is 18-13/16

here is another error I found in the cut - list ID 180 and 190 need to be swapped in the drawing.

My question was about errors in the cut list.

I am actually bulding a cabinet and the cut list is not correct.
Your answer to my question

Hi aa1pi,

Thanks for your note.
To really help you, I would need to understand your Cabinet design parameters.
Can you send me the following items?
1. Cabinet type ( wall or base )
2. The outer dimension height, width, depth
3. Face frame details ( side reveal, top reveal, bottom reveal, and all of the material widths for the face frame )
4. Plywood thicknesses and your preferred dado height value
5. Copy the drawing and bill of materials

Thanks,
Jimandi

Not sure how this corrects the errors in your cut list.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

From what I have seen of the code everything coincides with each other drawing versus cut list, etc... And by having your data helps us in pinpointing directly to the issue thereby checking all parameters associated with the problem issue. Also keeps us from having to guess or assume any of your data input.

We appreciate your response and input!! We are presently beta testing/debugging a newer Version of the Cabinet Gadget. It should be out soon.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

Thanks for the explanation.
I built the cabinet using scrap wood the plywood is 3/4 pressure treated, I had a 2 x 4 panel , Just the sides and top bottom
were machined on the CNC, so then I had to rely on the cut sheet for the back panel and then I found errors in the cut sheet
compared to the 2D drawing. I corrected the mistakes to fit my project.
To complete my cabinet I had a door I made a year ago, so I constructed the face frame , fasted the frame with pocket screws, and
used European hinges.
I just used my scrap wood to construct this and I am very happy with the outcome , the door could have been a little wider , I have shelf pins coming an will install the shelf to complete.
AA1PI
Attachments
20230206_155842.jpg
20230207_135641.jpg
20230207_135700.jpg
20230207_140112.jpg
20230207_140714.jpg

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Very nice!!
Happy to see you were able to get the cabinet built.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Check this Out! You have gotten Exactly what you had asked for!!!
Screenshot 2023-02-08 080653.png

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

Check this Out! You have gotten Exactly what you had asked for!!!
Screenshot 2023-02-08 080653.png

The problem is with the cut sheet.
# 100
# 160
# 180 in the 2D drawing should be #190
# 190 in the 2D drawing should be # 180

Respectfully AA1PI

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

I meant to include the cut sheet
Attachments
cut_sheet.JPG

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

"Easy Cabinet Maker Gadget 15.0"

Be on the Lookout for the 15.3 Version of this Gadget Coming Soon!!!

JimAndi5000 and I (Sharkcutup) have been working diligently to get this Gadget up to Speed along with Beta Testing of Version 15.3!

We, Jim and I have decided to output this Version with some of the Items corrected that have come to our attention in recent days/weeks! But if you are in no Hurry these corrections/fixes are also being checked and if need be fixed in the NEW 15.3 Version of this Gadget ***** COMING SOON!!! *****

Fixes Made --- Optimized Help Menu Images Performance
--- Cut list Fixes
--- Some Minor Coding Adjustments

This is Version 15.0

Beta Testing is Underway on the NEW 15.3 Version of the "Easy Cabinet Maker Gadget" in which has some New and Interesting Features Added!

Supports 11.0 and Up

Install
1. Download the gadget EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.zip that is attached to this post.
2. Rename it from EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.zip to EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.vgadget
3. In Vectric Pro or Aspire click on Gadgets -> Install New Gadget and navigate to where you downloaded the file to, select it and click Ok.

It should give you a pop up saying the gadget was installed and you should see EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.zip in the Gadgets Menu.

Steps for Use:

1. Setup a new drawing in the drawing area with the proper material size. (Typically 96.0" by 48.0" with XY Datum Lower Left Corner)
2. Find and Open the EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0 gadget.
Note:***(The Gadget user may want to get into a HABIT of doing the next two(2) steps after first opening the gadget.
3. Click the "About Menu" Button.
4. Click the "Gadget Reset" Button, Then Answer the Prompt Message. This Resets all the Default settings to the same Units of measure as the V-Carve or Aspire Project Drawing.
5. Enter the dimensions for the Cabinet (Base, Wall or Both), clearances, the materials thickness and sizes for the Cabinet Parts.
6. Click the Project Menu Button, Input the Project Path which is where to Save the BOMs/Cut-List Files, etc...
7. Click the Milling Menu Button, Check, Verify, Change if Necessary the Values.
8. On the Main Menu Interface, Select the Tooling to use to Mill the Cabinet Parts.
9. Click the OK button.

EasyCabinetBaseVer15.0.zip
(515.8 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Rename this Folder to EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.vgadget

Happy Carving Everyone!!! :D

Be sure to provide us with your comments, thoughts, remarks, etc... It is the only way we can know that we are on the right track in providing you the User a Quality Gadget.

Sharkcutup
(Permission Granted by JimAndi5000 of Jim Andi Gadgets)
V-Carve Pro 11.554

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

Cut list looks good, I am still getting an Error when trying to Export,,,,,,,,,,,which I had posted before ,this is from Ver 15.
Respectfully AA1PI
Attachments
ver15.JPG

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

aa1pi wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 pm
Cut list looks good, I am still getting an Error when trying to Export,,,,,,,,,,,which I had posted before ,this is from Ver 15.
Respectfully AA1PI
"Easy Cabinet Maker Gadget 15.1"

Be on the Lookout for the 15.3 Version of this Gadget Coming Soon!!!

JimAndi5000 and I (Sharkcutup) have been working diligently to get this Gadget up to Speed along with Beta Testing of Version 15.3!

We, Jim and I have decided to output this Version with some of the Items corrected that have come to our attention in recent days/weeks! But if you are in no Hurry these corrections/fixes are also being checked and if need be fixed in the NEW 15.3 Version of this Gadget ***** COMING SOON!!! *****

Fixes Made --- Export Button Function

This is Version 15.1

Beta Testing is Underway on the NEW 15.3 Version of the "Easy Cabinet Maker Gadget" in which has some New and Interesting Features Added!

Supports 11.0 and Up

Install
1. Download the gadget EasyCabinetMakerVer15.1.zip that is attached to this post.
2. Rename it from EasyCabinetMakerVer15.1.zip to EasyCabinetMakerVer15.0.vgadget
3. In Vectric Pro or Aspire click on Gadgets -> Install New Gadget and navigate to where you downloaded the file to, select it and click Ok.

It should give you a pop up saying the gadget was installed and you should see EasyCabinetMakerVer15.1.zip in the Gadgets Menu.

Steps for Use:

1. Setup a new drawing in the drawing area with the proper material size. (Typically 96.0" by 48.0" with XY Datum Lower Left Corner)
2. Find and Open the EasyCabinetMakerVer15.1 gadget.
Note:***(The Gadget user may want to get into a HABIT of doing the next two(2) steps after first opening the gadget.
3. Click the "About Menu" Button.
4. Click the "Gadget Reset" Button, Then Answer the Prompt Message. This Resets all the Default settings to the same Units of measure as the V-Carve or Aspire Project Drawing.
5. Enter the dimensions for the Cabinet (Base, Wall or Both), clearances, the materials thickness and sizes for the Cabinet Parts.
6. Click the Project Menu Button, Input the Project Path which is where to Save the BOMs/Cut-List Files, etc...
7. Click the Milling Menu Button, Check, Verify, Change if Necessary the Values.
8. On the Main Menu Interface, Select the Tooling to use to Mill the Cabinet Parts.
9. Click the OK button.

EasyCabinetBaseVer15.1.zip
(516.28 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Rename this Folder to EasyCabinetMakerVer15.1.vgadget

Happy Carving Everyone!!! :D

Be sure to provide us with your comments, thoughts, remarks, etc... It is the only way we can know that we are on the right track in providing you the User a Quality Gadget.

Sharkcutup
(Permission Granted by JimAndi5000 of Jim Andi Gadgets)
V-Carve Pro 11.554

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

Down loaded 15.1 it works great on import / export.
thanks AA1PI

aa1pi

Post by aa1pi »

I attached an ini file I had to change the ini to txt, so if you use as an ini youll need to change the txt.
Attachments
aa1pi.txt
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

I never had to change the .ini when using notepad Notepad opens the .ini file just fine. Double clicking on the .ini file from explorer brings it up in notepad too!!! I do not see a problem here!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

sharkcutup wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:44 am
I never had to change the .ini when using notepad Notepad opens the .ini file just fine. Double clicking on the .ini file from explorer brings it up in notepad too!!! I do not see a problem here!!!
You can't upload an ini file to the forum as it's not a valid file type. It has to be uploaded as a txt file and renamed on download.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Okay yeah if you were to exchange (here on the forum) the export file from the Cabinet Maker Gadget which is a .ini file yes I do agree with Adrian the file type is not allowed on the forum. The ini extension will need to be changed to .txt

But if your just wanting to view it on your own computer notepad is sufficient. It is all I have ever used.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554