Model of CNC Machine: CNC Conversion Kit

Re: Chamfer Radius Gadget - New Gadget

Post by tuffduck »

Thank you.

tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Hello, I recently noticed some strange behaviour with this gadget when doing multiple elements. I am not sure why this is happening. Could you please provide some insight to what I may be doing wrong?
Thank you.
chamfer radius.png

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Can you post the CRV file?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

Here is a copy of the crv file.
laptop stand knobs.crv3d
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 236 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Can't see anything up with the vectors so it's probably a bug in the gadget. The Vectric Chamfer gadget that it is based on doesn't appear to do that. The author of this gadget hasn't been on the forum for quite a while.

However you can do what you're doing using the moulding toolpath that is built into Aspire so no need to use a 3rd party gadget. Also I would just create and toolpath one of those and then use the Array Copy Toolpath tool to duplicate the toolpaths for the others.

tuffduck

Post by tuffduck »

I will give that a try. Thanks greatly for the help.

Mnwoodbee
Model of CNC Machine: Ar16 pro

Post by Mnwoodbee »

hello, Ive been trying to download gadgets for the updated aspire. From what im reading the new update has caused some issues? I've tried some zip folders posted by some users (chamfer radius as one) with no success unless a .vgadget was within folder.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

If the gadget has been posted as a zip file with no vgadget inside then you need to rename the zip file to be vgadget. A vgadget file is just a zip file but the forum doesn't allow a vgadget file to be uploaded.

Mnwoodbee
Model of CNC Machine: Ar16 pro

Post by Mnwoodbee »

Adrian wrote:If the gadget has been posted as a zip file with no vgadget inside then you need to rename the zip file to be vgadget. A vgadget file is just a zip file but the forum doesn't allow a vgadget file to be uploaded.
thanks Adrian, yes I read that on another gadget post a bit after to re save it. Unless its more involved than clicking on zip folder and- right click- rename, it hasn't worked. It remains a folder by the looks of it.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Mnwoodbee wrote:
Adrian wrote:If the gadget has been posted as a zip file with no vgadget inside then you need to rename the zip file to be vgadget. A vgadget file is just a zip file but the forum doesn't allow a vgadget file to be uploaded.
thanks Adrian, yes I read that on another gadget post a bit after to re save it. Unless its more involved than clicking on zip folder and- right click- rename, it hasn't worked. It remains a folder by the looks of it.
It is just a matter of right clicking and renaming it to be vgadget. However if you have Windows setup to hide known file extensions (the default) then you might not be renaming it at all just adding vgadget before the zip as the zip would be hidden by Windows.

You would need to turn that option off or rename the file in a command prompt. Alternatively you could install the gadget manually. All the installer does is to copy the contents of the vgadget (zip) file to the Public Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\ folder for whatever versions you're using.