A quick gadget. One of the more useful circle drawing commands in Rhinoceros 3D is "Circle > 3Point" which draws a circle through any three selected points (that are not co-linear).
This gadget simulates that command. It would be nice if the gadget interface had access to point selection in real time. But...
- you will need to create three objects (small circles work well) whose centres are the three points to create a circle through (see left side of image):
- then select all three "points"
- then select "Circle from 3 Points" from the gadget menu.
Because the forum software doesn't allow attachments with ".vgadget" extension the file is uploaded as "Circle_from_3_Points.zip". Installation instructions are the same for both a new installation or in upgrading a previous version:
Instructions for Aspire and VCarve Pro versions v9. and above:
- download the gadget attached below as: Circle_from_3_Points.zip
- rename it to: Circle_from_3_Points.vgadget
- in Cut2D Pro, Vectric Pro, or Aspire click on then menu option: Gadgets -> Install Gadget
- navigate to where the downloaded and renamed file is
- select it and click Ok.
Note: after downloading the ZIP file do not etract it but continue on to the rename operation (unless you are running Aspire v4.5 or VCarve v8. or lower in which you need to manually unzip and move the folder to where your gadgets are stored).
This gadget has been tested to work in VCarve Pro versions 7 to 11. I have not tried it in VCarve version 10.x or Aspire version 4.5 and versions 9 to 11 but it should work fine in those as it is using nothing version specific (such as tool selection).
Note: The default for Microsoft Windows is to hide etension of "known" file types. This means that you may be renaming "Circle_from_3_Points.zip" to "Circle_from_3_Points.vgadget.zip" without knowing it.
In the Windows Eplorer there is a View tab (probably) and under that is an option to show file etensions: