Easy Cabinet Maker

This forum is for users to submit their own gadgets to the community
XCIIGTCNC
Model of CNC Machine: Rodeo 4x8

Re: Easy Cabinet Maker

Post by XCIIGTCNC »

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to update to the latest version of the Easy Cabinet Maker gadget. I can not find anywhere how to update a gadget. Thanks all. Lee

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Lee,
I just happened to be ready to post these instructions for a different gadget. I've altered them for Jim's cabinet maker file.
Steven

Because the forum software doesn't allow attachments with ".vgadget" extension the file is uploaded as "EasyCabinetMaker.zip". Installation instructions are the same for both new installation or in upgrading a previous version:

Instructions for Aspire and VCarve Pro versions v9.x and above:
  1. download the gadget attached below as: EasyCabinetMaker.zip
  2. rename it to: EasyCabinetMaker.vgadget
  3. in Cut2D Pro, Vectric Pro, or Aspire click on then menu option: Gadgets -> Install Gadget
  4. navigate to where the downloaded and renamed file is
  5. select it and click Ok.
Cut2D/VCarve/Aspire should give you a pop-up saying the gadget was installed and you should see "Stipple Drilling" in the Gadgets menu.

Note: after downloading the ZIP file do not extract it but continue on to the rename operation.

XCIIGTCNC

Post by XCIIGTCNC »

Thank you, Still having issues. I rename the file to EasyCabinetMaker.vgadget but it is still a zip file and vcarve does not recognize it in the folder.

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

XCIIGTCNC wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:31 pm
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to update to the latest version of the Easy Cabinet Maker gadget. I can not find anywhere how to update a gadget. Thanks all. Lee
Hello Lee,
On my browser, I see the most current version on page 17 and at the 10th posting from the top. You should find version 14.9

I hope this helps.
Attachments
Page 17
Page 17
Posting number 10 from the top
Posting number 10 from the top
Thanks,
Jim

XCIIGTCNC

Post by XCIIGTCNC »

Thanks I have it downloaded but i can not get it to load. I changed the file name to .vgadget but it still shows it is a zip file so it is not recognized in vcarve pro 11. I currently have version 12 of easy cabinet maker but i have never gotten it to work. I just get an error message.

not sure how to post a screen shot here.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

I do wish Microsoft Windows would not default to hiding the file extensions of "known file types". Every time I re-install / upgrade it I need to fix that.

What you've actually done is rename EasyCabinetMaker.zip to EasyCabinetMaker.vgadget.zip but you don't know it.

In the Windows Explorer there is a VIew tab (probably) and under that is an option to show file extensions:

no hide file extensions.png

If you don't see the VIew tab as in my image there might be a "Tools" menu item. Somewhere under that is option to hide file extension of known types.

XCIIGTCNC

Post by XCIIGTCNC »

awesome thank you I wondered where the extensions went. Worked perfect.

mia1rab
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Post by mia1rab »

Thanks, I had the same issue where I was not able to upload the gadget after changing the file name as required. You were correct, the new file name still contained the .zip extension and the only way to see it was to change the Windows settings. :)

ElevationCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO-Acorn , Shapeoko SO3 XXL & SO3s

Post by ElevationCreations »

Just downloaded the v14.9.

Will the gadget allow for 'Full Access' or euro style cabinets or will it calculate the FF thickness on the face frame on the cabinet sides?

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard

Post by jimandi5000 »

ElevationCreations wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:13 am
Just downloaded the v14.9.

Will the gadget allow for 'Full Access' or euro style cabinets or will it calculate the FF thickness on the face frame on the cabinet sides?
Hello ElevationCreations,
I think so, I do have a setting in Project Settings menu, under Cabinet Design you can turn on/off the face frame.

Try it and let me know if you see anything I need to address or if you want to add to make the gadget better.
Attachments
Project.png
Thanks,
Jim

jonathanmahnken
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: warthog uccnc

Post by jonathanmahnken »

Ive Just downloaded the latest version, and when I produce a cabinet the program crashes. Any Ideas?
I assemble my cabinets with an applied or "plant on" back, but the program doesn't allow me to set the back dado to zero. It would be good for the back dado to have its own layer I would think.
Also is theere a way to get rid of thee toekick notch? as I use leg levelers or ladder frames underneath my base cabinets

jonathanmahnken
Vectric Apprentice

As far as frameless cabinets there should also be short dados for the top stretchers, and complementary notches in the shelves and stretchers for the stop dados

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard

Post by jimandi5000 »

jonathanmahnken wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:01 pm
Ive Just downloaded the latest version, and when I produce a cabinet the program crashes. Any Ideas?
I assemble my cabinets with an applied or "plant on" back, but the program doesn't allow me to set the back dado to zero. It would be good for the back dado to have its own layer I would think.
Also is theere a way to get rid of thee toekick notch? as I use leg levelers or ladder frames underneath my base cabinets
Hello Jonathan,

As I am reading your message above:
1. The first issue is about the program crashing. Can you expound on what is happening or has this been resolved because it appears you have it working?
2. It would be good for the back dado to have its own layer. Back panel dado is already drawn and toolpath on its own layer called "BasePanelPocket-Base" and I will rename it to "BackPanelPocket-Base" in the next version.
3. Is there a way to get rid of thee toe-kick notch? I can make this a option to omit toe-kick I'll try to include this in my next release.
Thanks,
Jim

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard

Post by jimandi5000 »

jonathanmahnken wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:31 pm
As far as frameless cabinets there should also be short dados for the top stretchers, and complementary notches in the shelves and stretchers for the stop dados
Hello Jonathan,
The current cabinet maker gadget offers two types of base cabinet Top construction styles. The first is stretchers (narrow boards located at the top front and back of the cabinet) used to control the width of base cabinet as well as fixing countertop and the second base cabinet design is a solid panel top (full plywood top based on width and length specified by the Cabinet dimensions) use for taller base cabinets when the top of the cabinet can be easily seen by homeowner and you don't want to use the ugly stretcher. Both of these design styles make use of the Dado Style configuration in the Milling Settings menu.
If you configure Dado Style to use a "half-blind". This setting tell the gadget not to create dadoes for stretchers will provide the proper front edge appearance when using stretchers. This configuration tells the gadget to perform half-blind dado operation along the top edge of the base cabinet when using solid panel style.

I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jim

jonathanmahnken
Vectric Apprentice

Thanks Jim. It is sound construction to have even your top stretchers sit in a dado. two small ones front and back are preferable
Dxf example.pdf
parts example
(24.03 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Here is an example of what I am going for in regards to parts design