CLyon
Vectric Apprentice

Small

Post by CLyon »

Purely a test.
ShopSabre router
dremel 50 degree bit
Oak stock - not the best for detail work, but the first thing that came to hand

It appears that the limits on size have more to do with media and tool, than software and router.
Attachments
IMG_3214.jpg
(600.25 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

Chris....

Nice Job !!!

Do you remember any of the details of the cuts ?? Feeds-n-Speeds

Side_note: How do you like your router table? What control software are you running?

Paul

CLyon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by CLyon »

Paul,

Overall, I love the Shopsabre unit. It is extremely solidly built, has been reliable, and is very accurate. The frame is a massive steel unit, welded and machined. Flex is virtually nonexistant and I've never seen any too chatter even cutting aluminum. Moving it is a bear, even though my unit is the 3636 - the smallest one. Setup was a bit fussy, but minor. Some fine tuning was necessary to produce absolutely true cuts. Components are all replaceable, so long term reliabiltiy should be good. I wish Shopsabre had developed even a weak shadow of the Shopbot community for support. The Shopsabre team has benn adquate for support, but hardly inspired. They have promised to support user community growth, but.... See Shopsabre.com for more details.

Controller is WinCNC. Feed for the first half of the cut was set to 200 ipm, and reduced to about 80 for the final cutout. This however is misleading, as the controller ramps up speed, so on the tiny letters the speed was much less. The tool was dull - I cooked it cutting teak - so that the actual cutting was more like advanced fuzzing of the oak. I quick swipe with a cabinet scraper removed the fuzz, and another swipe with a brass brush cleaned out the letters.