Pegs and Jokers

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
johnarcher
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Pegs and Jokers

Post by johnarcher »

HI,
I came across this game a few months ago and decided to try and make one using my recently acquired Workbee CNC router. The original drawings were done using Progecad drawing software to see how the pieces would fit together when cut. I imported the draings into Vcarve desktop to create the gcode files.
The box is made from 12mm thick plywood using a 1/8"" end mill. The internal corners of the box joints do need dressing with a scroll saw to produce a square edge. The engraving on the lid is done with a 1/4" 90° Vbit.
The game pieces are made from 12mm x 150mm x 500mm hardwood. One piece of wood produces 2 game pieces. The outline of the safe and home areas is done with th 1/4" V-bit, the rest is done with a 1/8" end mill. I used the double sided asymetric hole method which was very well explained in the Vectric tutorial for making them.
The pictures are the second one I have made for relatives after they enjoyed playing with the first one I made for our own use.
PJA_2723.JPG
Attachments
PJA_2722.JPG
PJA_2724.JPG
PJA_2725.JPG
PJA_2726.JPG
PJA_2727.JPG
PJA_2729.JPG
PJA_2730.JPG

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Pegs and Jokers

Post by scottp55 »

Always nice when people appreciate your work!! :)
The smiles are one of the best reasons I love making stuff.

Well Done and Welcome to VERY useful,friendly Forum!
Keep cutting! :)
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Post by woody53 »

That's Awesome !!! Great job. That's a fun game, I made a set for my youngest son, and he Loved it. I didn't make the box, and yours it perfect.

Dave

dalepep1
Model of CNC Machine: 6040z

Post by dalepep1 »

does someone have a crv file for the pegs and jokers game? Price?

Bobtail Farm
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by Bobtail Farm »

Thanks for the posts on this topic. I regret being tardy. Scott could comment on that, as he has experienced me first-hand.
As it happens recently a friend of my wife (isn't that how these stories oft start out) mentioned a game she was told was called "Dog Eat Dog" that requires a board, marbles, and playing cards. Searched the forum with that and unsurprisingly didn't hit. Searched around using that description... long sojourn thru the vasty internet, came up with some possibles as I had no further details. This am, she (the friend) brought a sample board from the folks who introduced her to the game. Variations on a theme. and with more focus (and helpful detail) searched the internet and found lots of variations including the name "Pegs and Jokers". And so back to the forum finding this thread. And with the results of the more focused internet search plenty of design possibilities ...
So, for me I get to stir the gears seeking inspiration and a design to follow. It may be some time before (as I mentioned, I am tardy, or at least slower). Anyway, a little time reproducing the 2-sided 24" round "board" (see e.g., commonly available at the big box stores in TN hereabouts). And then see what I can come up with a design (maybe end up with that end to end pictured in the drawing in this thread).

Thanks to all.
Regards
Brian
Bobtail Farm