Idle Hands...

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Bob Jr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom, Shark

Idle Hands...

Post by Bob Jr »

Since the Corona virus has encouraged me to stay in my shop, here's what I've developed for our next class in Milwaukee:
The following concepts will be combined.
1. Two sided registration.
2. Three sided registration.
3. Asymmetrical hole registration
4. No hole registration.
5. Design considerations.
6. Integration of available resources into a project.
Let's see: one leaf blower + Vectric software + one laser pointer + one roll of toilet paper = one honkin' laser guided toilet paper dispenser!
The prototype is completed and entering the testing-modifying phase.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Bob
"Be accurate."
W. Tell

Bonch
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko

Re: Idle Hands...

Post by Bonch »

Please shoot me a dozen rolls. We are out here and I am tired of washing my butt.

What a cool design and very creative!

Bob Jr
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Jr »

Thank you
I aim to please.
Bob
I should clarify...This does not launch the entire roll at once (I have a spud gun for that.). Instead, it's designed to unroll the paper real fast and bury your friends in one continuous stream of toilet paper.
"Be accurate."
W. Tell

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Got my laugh for today.
Gary

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

I can understand the 2-sided since they are recommending we use both sides of the paper. Not sure about the no-hole part of it. Lol...... :lol:

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Got a Laugh out of me when I got to last pic!! :D
Nicely done!
And VERY creative!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Meanwhile in California...
image.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

Im dying...you guys are nuts! And I love it...just what we all need these days. Thanks for the laughs.
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Glad you didn't hook up the TP to a belt sander !
Doug

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Phil

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What tends to go through an individual's mind when he/she is idled!!! :roll:

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Bob Jr
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Jr »

I appreciate all of your comments very much. Thank you.

I have come to realize how much I rely on this community even though I have never met most of you in person. The current restrictions during this pandemic have no limitations on the strength this worldwide group.

Now, time for more misadventures!

Bob
"Be accurate."
W. Tell

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

Bob Jr wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:50 pm
I appreciate all of your comments very much. Thank you.

I have come to realize how much I rely on this community even though I have never met most of you in person. The current restrictions during this pandemic have no limitations on the strength this worldwide group.

Now, time for more misadventures!

Bob
We have an automatic advantage over many others who are forced to abandon their daily routines with very little notice and spend most time at home - We have the option to make stuff. I have always looked at CNC as a release for me, a way to express my creativity, something to do that I enjoy when I get bored, which obviously happens in normal life too. So now is a great time for many to get caught up on those projects we have been contemplating for months.

I work in the construction industry, though I am not tied to any particular company or job, last couple years I have been working the trade show/convention business building displays, setting up signs and graphics ect for some very large shows including international auto shows which are literally months or work to build and tear down.
Obviously, all that has come crashing down, conventions are a thing of the past for now, so I find myself with nothing productive to do and it can be tough - CNC will be one of my outlets to see this thing through.
Doug

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Lot of good points there Doug. Agree with them all.

BUT, it even goes further than that. I am noticing that people who have a good hobby (a hobby is something that you have to work at) are happier people. Us folks spend time on the internet improving our skills by listening to others, helping each other out. Too many other people spend their time on the internet reading why they should be unhappy and how the world is coming apart at the seams. I check up on the news every morning while I have my coffee. After about 15 minutes of that I am ready to throw something at the computer screen. Instead, I head over here or on to YouTube to see what I can learn that is new or help someone.

People are a lot nicer and care about each other more than the negative types would have us believe. This forum is proof of that.

Edit: Right now I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of a 3D printer. Something entirely new for me. Should be here Monday, wish it were today. . .While I am waiting I am spending time learning all I can on YouTube and some forums about the process. From what I have seen so far it is a lot more complicated that cnc routing so it should be quite a challenge. What am going to do with it? Well, at this point I am interested in making stuff for my shop and the cnc router. Not real interested in figurines, etc right now. But it seems to be quite accurate and I am thinking some of the 3D models of signs might look pretty darn cool using the printer.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

You got it right TR, having outlets for creativity and passion for sure makes for a happier camper ,, And a good attitude and mindset is essential especially in trying times, cannot be underrated. You can make yourself physically sick if you dwell on problems and bad news, not that these can or should be ignored but like you, I have reduced my news intake drastically, and that makes me feel much better.
For me not only CNC but I play guitar, and I lose hours just strumming away. Also into communications, just got a top of the line digital police scanner [scans more than that of course, also into aircraft comms] I got tha at this time, ordered last week, specifically because I knew that this would be the time to get it, I have the free time and wherewithal to mess with it. Mounted an antenna on my roof so thats another thing to keep me busy.

We have a great crew of people here, rarely are there any arguments or sniping that you might expect on most forums. We all have something in common to begin with and there are almost limitless opportunities to learn something new. Edgelit, which some people charitably call me the master of, I pretty much learned here [and CAM forum, another quality place to learn]. 3D, lithos, Vinlays, all that and more I can trace right back here.

A matter of time before everyone has a printer, including me. One very cool thing you can make with it right off the bat in a pen plotter for a CNC router, works better than the expensive commercial ones and super simple, adjustable to about any size pen. Highpockets has the info on that one, he actually printed one out and mailed it to me.
Doug