A new cat in the house, what to do with the current stud

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
DavidCousins
Vectric Wizard

A new cat in the house, what to do with the current stud

Post by DavidCousins »

Well, my wife just brought home a new cat, 6 mo old kitten named Benji. Pretty cute, but the regular house cat stud is not so happy (Fuzzy). So we been keeping the two cats separated for the past week, with closed doors. My wife read something about buying some baby gates to put between the door way after a week. Wow, that would cost $50 or more. So I volunteered to cut a barrier with peep holes. Here is the result, with cats staring at each other through the holes of their names, and growling.

Its made out of some 1/8" thick particle board I had laying around. Its tall enough so they won't think of jumping, but I can still look over it.

I know, this is not very manly, but hey, I saved some money. That was worth it.
Dave
Attachments
IMG_3272.JPG
Fuzzy the cat, on the other side of the barrier, is growling.  Benji the kitten is oblivious.
Fuzzy the cat, on the other side of the barrier, is growling. Benji the kitten is oblivious.

DavidCousins
Vectric Wizard

Post by DavidCousins »

Here's what the lady of the house was ready to buy.
http://www.kidsafeinc.com/category/baby_stairway_gates/

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

lol... I like it, very nice. I wonder how long it'll have to stay there? :D

I made a baby gate from beech and pine a few weeks ago. For a mischevious tibetian spaniel who likes going downstairs at night and sleeping on the couch! I must post a pic when I get one.

DougO

Post by DougO »

Nice job Dave.