more Corian things

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

more Corian things

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: So okay, these are not necessarily cnc projects but the molds and forms where done on the machine. The bowls with holes in them don't start out in the shape shown but compressing the Corian into the shape wanted squeezes there shapes a bit. The wavy tops of some of the bowls are free formed as the Corian wants to go. In case you want to know, yes there were a couple garbage cans of rejects before I found the right technique. Norm
Attachments
DSCN0723.JPG
DSCN0724.JPG
DSCN0722.JPG

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Re: more Corian things

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Great idea and nice work. Thanks for showing it off!

Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Norm - that is very cool - Great minds think alike :) - I'm going to be presenting on this topic (making tools to form other material) at the User Group in a few weeks. We just updated the Vectric Blog to showcase some of the User Group projects here: http://vectriclabs.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... jects.html

You can see the Corian press tools at the bottom of the article. Below is an image of a lot of the things we plan to show at the user group.

Again - great work, like the variety of shapes you made and also ones with the cutouts.

Cheers,
James
Attachments
IMG_4191.jpg

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: Thanks James for the kind words. Looked at the site, gives me more ideas. All my shapes are from the full .5 inch Corian. Norm