Coat racks and plaques

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Coat racks and plaques

Post by ohiococonut »

Instead of posting separate pictures of some of the things I've carved I thought I put together a little collage. All were done with VCarve Pro and Cut 3D. I'm still learning and having a blast. Seems as though I'm stuck on coat racks at the moment :lol:

The Winchester rider and shotgun coat rack are Curly Hickory. They were going to be carved in one piece but I decided to separate them. I modeled the shotshell from one I had sitting in front of me.
Top right long coat rack is cherry.
Right side single Duck coat rack is Sapele
Left side single duck coat rack is Oak
Small Ducks Unlimited key rack is Cedar
Gone Fishin' bass coat rack is Walnut
Right side freedom banner is Hard Maple
Bottom left deer head is carved on a Sassafras round
Bottom Duck coat rack is Hard Maple

All comments welcome.

David Warkentin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Panther 4x8

Re: Coat racks and plaques

Post by David Warkentin »

Nice stuff you've done. I appreciate it when folks post photos of finished projects. Thanks.

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SHOPBOT BUDDY PRS 32, 4 FT PWR STICK

Post by COWBOY1296 »

I have made a couple of coat racks myself. I like them but no one else wants to bite on them. Unfortuneately i have run out of wall space to hang them on my own wall. Great work, although I am not a fisherman i like the gone fishing design.
Attachments
coat rack.jpg
brammar coat rack.jpg

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

The Winchester plaque really hit me.

I worker at Winchester from 1991 through 1996 as a manufacturing engineer.
During my time there we spent 2 million dollars reprocessing the Model 70 Mauser line with all new CNC machines.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

subsea
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot 2448

Post by subsea »

Some really nice coat racks.
Cowboy I like that bull - where did you round him up?
Bill

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard

Post by COWBOY1296 »

Hobby Lobby. I was in there one day to look at some paint brushes and it jumped out at me. I bought it before i needed it and just waited until I could use it. Its hollow and some kind of metal and is heavy as it looks. The normal price a year ago was 40, but they are always running a 50% sale or on line you can always find a 40% coupon to use in the store. I got it for 20 and then hunted down the coat hooks that came close to matching it. The big coat rack is made out of knotty alder 1.7 inches thick and roughly 46 inches long and 24 inches tall. Definitely would need to be screwed to the studs. I would really like to use it in my own house but i have run out of wall space. Chances are it could double as a sigle bed head board.

Thanks for asking.

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Post by mboydraska »

Very nice work thanks for sharing.
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Post by tonydude919 »

There's some really nice plaques on here. I like the coat racks myself. My wife wants me to make one western style.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ohiococonut »

Thanks for the compliments folks.

Cowboy, nice coat racks. I bought my CNC with the intentions of running it just to relax and be a hobby. If someone wanted to buy something I've made I wouldn't even know where to begin with pricing. I give a lot of the things I make to family members. The bass coat rack idea actually came from Vector Art3D. I saw one similar and decided to make my own. It was my first coat rack and since that time I've switched to the spacing between the hangers. Now they are 16" on center so they can be mounted to studs and be hidden. There are certain ones she wants hanging in the house, the rest will fill my shop and garage walls :D

This is the second one I made for my shop but my wife say's it's too pretty to hang out there :roll: It's done in Curly Maple and the mounting holes are behind the hangers.

David Warkentin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Panther 4x8

Post by David Warkentin »

That is very nice. Good idea on putting the screws behind the hangers. I can just see some guy trying to take it off and scratching his head for a while and then just ripping it off the wall when he gets fed up....

COWBOY1296
Vectric Wizard

Post by COWBOY1296 »

that is definitely beautiful. It just so happens i have a big piece of curely maple in my shed. I have never worked with it but like the board so much i bought it. Now how did you make the board so white/blonde. Thats awesome

ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ohiococonut »

COWBOY1296 wrote:that is definitely beautiful. It just so happens i have a big piece of curely maple in my shed. I have never worked with it but like the board so much i bought it. Now how did you make the board so white/blonde. Thats awesome
The board was actually whiter but the Minwax Polyurethane gave it a slight amber tint. I buy most of my wood from Keim Lumber in Charm, Ohio. They have one section dedicated to exotic wood and I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go there but some of it is very pricey. I don't know of a species of wood they don't carry. Rest assured if you buy a piece of wood from them it WILL be right. Most of the various types of maple I've bought from them is very smooth and finishes very nice. This piece of maple didn't require any sanding on the flat surface at all.

KNOT ON WOOD
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro

Post by KNOT ON WOOD »

I really like all the coat racks that are in this post. Nice work guys. I just had an idea for a new project, I wonder where that came from??????
Michael(Mickey) McCollor

"Lost time can never be found again." Benjamin Franklin