Artistic images with custom software

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
JasonDorie
Model of CNC Machine: Joes 4x4 Hybrid R&P

Re: Artistic images with custom software

Post by JasonDorie »

Search for Avery Paint Mask (or just vinyl paint mask) and you should find it. I bought mine from EBay - here's a current item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x-50yd-Paint ... 3362a14abd

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Post by MikeUSNRet »

Jason,

Love the program.

I have downloaded the latest, but have noticed that the "Rings" option does nothing when I click on it. Is this still something to come?
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

Norway 69
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC router XJ1218

Post by Norway 69 »

Thank you Jason, I tried to find it in Norway, but could not find any supplier. So I ordered from EBay.

Hallgeir

JasonDorie

Post by JasonDorie »

MikeUSNRet wrote:I have noticed that the "Rings" option does nothing when I click on it. Is this still something to come?
That option wasn't supposed to be visible yet - yes, it's something that's being worked on as a possibilty, but isn't functional yet.

For those interested, the latest version of the Halftoner program properly supports exporting to DXF for all modes, meaning you can export "Lines" and "Squares" and have VCarve or Aspire compute paths for you, use them with machines that don't like my GCode, project them on 3D models, and so on. I spent a decent amount of time making sure the output is accurate, so VCarve will produce clean paths for them.

Jason

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Post by MikeUSNRet »

Jason,

On your next version of the program, is there a way you could include an option check box to either link and scale height with width or allow the height and width to be set independently of each other if the check box is not selected?

Although not yours, this is also something I would love to see Vectric put in as an option.

I have a nice panoramic photo I would love to run through halftoner or even cut a lithophane of, but it gets distorted because programs force a ratio :(
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

JasonDorie

Post by JasonDorie »

Yes, that's something I could do quite easily - I had to write code to maintain the aspect ratio properly, so all the check box would do is turn that off.

As a simple "for now" fix, just use MSPaint to rescale the image to have square pixels, then use your software of choice from there. It's a pain, but it'll work.

Jason