Adjustable Standing Desk

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Adjustable Standing Desk

Post by sharkcutup »

#cncmakeastand

I had created my version of the Adjustable Standing Desk in 2018 and I believe I had failed to post here in the gallery as requested by Nathan of "CNC Router Parts LLC, a company that supports individuals and volume production businesses with affordable industrial CNC machines, parts, software, advise, and accessories." (taken from Vectric Website)

My Version may not be an improvement in construction but the cost is far cheaper than the $700.00 quoted of their design (in 2018) :!:

I replaced the 3 Extrusion Supports with 2" X 4" blocks. For the Rail Slides I had found a more cost effective slides at Amazon.com.
Used Screws of various sizes instead of inserts and fasteners. Of course, the inserts and fasteners would work much better if the Standing Desk was to be assembled and dis-assembled for transport. In my case, I use the Standing Desk in my Workshop. And as such I changed from the fixed feet to stationary wheels on the Forward side and movable caster wheels on the Rear Side. Now my Standing Desk can be easily moved around my workshop. Also instead of Steel round bar for the Gear Rotation Mechanism and the Lock I have replaced them both with wooden dowels. Just have to remember not to lean on the top or not to put anything of extreme weight on the table top for the dowels could probably twist/snap.
Optimized-Standup Desk H_2018.jpg
Optimized-Standup Desk J_2018.jpg
Optimized-Standup Desk K_2018.jpg
Optimized-Standup Desk A1_2018.jpg
End View of Replacement Slide (Mounted)
Optimized-Standup Desk A_2018.jpg
Another View of Replacement Slides

The Adjustable Standing Desk has been a very useful addition to my workshop!!! It supports my workshop laptop very well. Oh and by the way the Mouse doesn't complain!!! :lol:

#cncmakeastand

Sharkcutup
Last edited by sharkcutup on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Adjustable Standing Desk

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I really like projects that are a work of art and functional. That is one fine desk.
Steve

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

I just did a calculation at today's Prices of most of their items noted in the build and it came to about 1,014.00

The Extrusions and Slides were the most expensive costs!

Thank You Steve!!! Agreed!

It has been a very functional and attractive desk in my workshop!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005

KeystoneKen
Model of CNC Machine: SCMi Bridge 5

Post by KeystoneKen »

Where can I find plans for this desk?

meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by meflick »

Nice work.I hope to give this one a try one day.

KeystoneKen, here is a link to the YouTube video which also has a link to the plans. (Although that link is not presently working for me.)

If you have a Vectric account, you can sign into your portal, go to the “partner project archive” area and download the plans from there.

The notes say “ At our 2017 user group meeting one of our partners CNC Router Parts presented their adjustable standing desk project and very generously gave away the plans for the desk to be reproduced free of charge.”

Bobtail Farm
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Adjustable Standing Desk

Post by Bobtail Farm »

Very nice. Thanks.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

meflick wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:47 pm
Although that link is not presently working for me.
When in doubt substitute www for relaease in release.vectric.com See this link

meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by meflick »

Thanks for that. I had been able to access it through my Vectric account but didn’t want to post a direct link to it from there as I have seen on occasions in the past that with some sites, the link showed through the person’s account. Since I wasn’t sure if it would or not, and didn’t have time to explore, I went with YouTube link. I try to always check links to make sure they work if I’m sharing so I knew the link to video worked and if a person had a Vectric account they could get to it that way so I didn’t take time to explore just then why that particular link was not working. Good to know what issue may have been. Thanks for sharing that tip.

Luvtocarve
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Piranha XL

Post by Luvtocarve »

Very nicely done. A++. I'm going to check out the You Tube video and may attempt this one. Thanks for sharing.
Steve Harp
Wadsworth, Ohio USA
www.trlw.us