CNC Machined Wireless Charging Base

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
TomWS
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: OB Lead 1010, Mach3; OB C-Beam 1060 grbl

CNC Machined Wireless Charging Base

Post by TomWS »

For Christmas 2020, I made a Music Box for my granddaughter that used an electronic player that randomly played music selections from an SD Card. I wanted to let my granddaughter carry the box anywhere without worrying about a cord so the design used a Wireless Charging module to keep the battery charged. Well, here we are, almost a year and a half later and I FINALLY finished the Charging Base for the Music Box. The music box pre-dated my purchase of VCarve Pro (I did the inlay the 'old fashioned way'), but I did use VCarve to machine box sides of the Mahogany base to house the electronics and raise the box so the sound could exit properly.

Here is the underside of the base. You can see the raw frame was joined with mitered pieces of Mahogany and then machined for the Charger Electronics. You can also see the parts that get added to the base laid out around it.
ChargerBaseBottom.jpg
Here is the top side, showing how the top was machined and how the charging coil is wired in.
ChargerBaseTopMachining.jpg
ChargerBaseTop.jpg
Finally, here is the assembled base holding (and charging) the original Music Box.
MusicBoxWithChargerBase.jpg

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Re: CNC Machined Wireless Charging Base

Post by Phil »

Cool.

Phil