Circle gadget

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Circle gadget

Post by Robroy »

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out why my circle resize gadget is not working. The message is "Failed to find any circles with a diameter of 0.25 using a tolerance of 0.01". I know part of the problem is with Corel, if you pull in a DXF from corel, a simple circle has many many nodes (should only be 4 points). If i pull in a EPS file from Corel, I can select all the circles via the shape selector in a tool path. But I still cannot resize the circles with the gadget. Is there anything I can do within Corel that will allow it to work?

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: Circle gadget

Post by jimandi5000 »

Robroy wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:21 pm
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out why my circle resize gadget is not working. The message is "Failed to find any circles with a diameter of 0.25 using a tolerance of 0.01". I know part of the problem is with Corel, if you pull in a DXF from corel, a simple circle has many many nodes (should only be 4 points). If i pull in a EPS file from Corel, I can select all the circles via the shape selector in a tool path. But I still cannot resize the circles with the gadget. Is there anything I can do within Corel that will allow it to work?
Hi Robroy,
Sounds like something is not correct in the DXF file your imported.

1. I would do a compare between the DXF files you are importing to what Vectric would output for the same exact image. I'll recommend starting from a clean drawing in Corel (10x10 something simple) and create a single circle and DXF out data file. Create the same exact file in Vectric and DXF out the data file. Review the two files side-by-side.
2. Drill down into the object data in Vectric that being created from the DXF file. You will need to create a gadget in order to step through the CAD object library.
3. I have a gadget that reads DXF files and creates gadget (lua) code to parametrically create a drawings. (I could run your DXF the written see what happens)
Thanks,
Jim

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Circle gadget

Post by Adrian »

If you're using V11 there is no real need to use the Circle Resize gadget as the resize tool changes in V11 will allow you to resize circles in the same way.

Use the Vector Selector (right click and choose from Selection or the same thing from the top Edit menu) and then use the Resize tool (shortcut key T) and set it to "Scale items individually" before entering and applying your new sizes.