I'd like to keep discussion here so that the gadget thread always has, as the last post, the most recent version of the gadget.
Some additional features I see needed for the gadget:
- inlay material thickness in a different unit of measure than the job (e.g. 5mm inlay thickness in a 0.375 inch thick job)
- better help
- v-bit only toolpath creation: currently you must select a square-end clearance tool
- layer selection rather than manually pre-selecting the vectors (layers are your friend)
- with layer selection in place a full tapered inlay (base and plug) toolpath creation gadget becomes possible
- additional options for the square-end cutter: e.g. selecting "climb cut" rather than the hard-coded "conventional cut". Also "offset" or "raster" clearing (setting the clearance pass to "first", last", or "none" on raster)