Dovetail Toolpath Creator

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
Littlebranch farm
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smartshop

Dovetail Toolpath Creator

Post by Littlebranch farm »

Aspire screenshot.jpg
I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to create a dovetail toolpath with the dovetail gadget, and I am getting a pop-up window with the following message
Script: ...e V10.5\dovetail_creator|3.dovetail_toolpath_creator.lua
Line: 678
(global displaydialog)
Addtoolpicker: no matching overload found, candidates: bool Add toolpicker (html_dialog&,char const*, toolDBid const&)

anyone know what is going on?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Dovetail Toolpath Creator

Post by Adrian »

You've installed the wrong version of the gadget. You will get an error message like that if you try to use the V9 and earlier gadget with V10 and later.

The correct version can be found here - https://gadgets.vectric.com/V10/dovetail.html

Littlebranch farm

The gadget was working fine until today. I am able to use the dovetail pin creator part of the gadget as well as the dovetail detector. It's only the tool path part that quit working.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I know. That is the only difference between the V9 and the V10 gadget. The code for selecting the tool in the V9 version won't work with V10 so until you get to the stage of pressing the Select Tool button it will work fine.

Littlebranch farm

I used the gadget just last month with Aspire 10.5 and never had the problem, though. The toolpath creator doesn't open up at all, so I don't get to the point where I pick the tool to use.
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Aspire (version 11) and the gadget since I used it last time.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

When you installed the gadget with V11 where did you get it from? If you did a google search for something like "dovetail creator vectric" then it will take you to the V9 download page not the V10 download page. You need the V10 version to work with V11.

Presumably you downloaded and installed the correct V10 version for your V10.5

Littlebranch farm

Yes, I had the correct version of the gadgets installed in my Aspire 10.5 downloaded it from the Vectric gadget page, same page your link took me to.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Have a look at the "3.Dovetail_Toolpath_Creator.lua" file which will be in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\Aspire V10.5\Dovetail_Creator" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\Aspire V11\Dovetail_Creator".

At line 798 (5 from the bottom) there should be a line that starts with "options.default_toolname" or "options.default_toolid".

If it says toolname then it's the V9 gadget. If it says toolid then it's the V10 gadget.

The same difference is also on line 678 (where you're getting the error) but the other line is easier to find if you're looking at the file with something like Notepad.