Dogbone gadget not working correctly on Aspire v10.019

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
tsb1917
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Dogbone gadget not working correctly on Aspire v10.019

Post by tsb1917 »

I recently updated Aspire to v10.019, and imported some gadgets including the dogbone gadget, and it is not working correctly. It seems that it only will identify dogbones on corners concave to the outside of the shape. In other words, If I do something as simple as drawing a rectangle and then select dogbone detect, it comes back with "No Dogbones Identified". If If I drag one side in to form a sharp concave corner on the outsideof the profile, it only finds that corner. I've attached a screen capture as an example: I've run Dogbone Detect on both shapes, and you can see it only detected the detent in the one rectangle.

What am I doing wrong, or is the gadget incompatible with V10? I know I can use the fillet tool to create dogbones one at a time, but the gadget would be much quicker if it worked for me.

Tom
Attachments
Capture1.JPG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Dogbone gadget not working correctly on Aspire v10.019

Post by Adrian »

It's designed (as far as I know) to create dogbones on slots so it won't do anything on a rectangle on it's own. You can see the type of shapes it's meant to work with on the gadgets site.

tsb1917
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by tsb1917 »

Adrian,
I think I see your point. I played around more and created a rectangular shape with a slot on the edge and an enclosed slot within that rectangle, and it detected correctly. Evidently you have to create a boundary figure to cut out - it won't just let you detect from a rectangle just in the workpiece, without a bounding rectangle. I think I've got it now - Thanks!

hdtom61
Model of CNC Machine: Self built CNC milling machine

Post by hdtom61 »

I'm using VCarve Pro 10.022 (German language).
When I'll create Dogbones with the dogbone gadget 1.1 I've some troubles also: I created a rectangle in a workpiece. Like You've told above, I opened the closed vector at one corner. Then the gadget detects the four possible dogbones.
When I'll create the dogbones, I get an error message (see pictures).
1.png
2.png
3.png
In the past versions of VCarve it was more comfortable to create the dogbones.
How do other users create the dogbones at such rectangles? I think this is a feature many of you use this function often.

Regards
Thomas

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Personally I don't use the dogbone gadget. I just use the Fillet tool which creates dog bones (and other fillets) when you click on the corner. If I had hundreds to do I might use the gadget but for a few at a time the Fillet tool does the job.

hdtom61
Model of CNC Machine: Self built CNC milling machine

Post by hdtom61 »

You helped me! In Germany there exists an adage. Analogously translated: You not see the forest, because you only note the trees ;-)
Thank You for your fast reply.

Regards Thomas